Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Treadle Sewing Machine and others (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/treadle-sewing-machine-others-t21305.html)

Knot Sew 06-13-2009 09:21 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I know these won't post in order so the blue machine is a Wizard made by brother...very heavy and has zig zag...looks like it was hardly used
$10.00
The small one is a old singer sometime in the late er 1800's not sure of the date $1.00

the one with oll the ornate decoration is a 1924 singer treadle...with a Tiger Oak cabinet. All it needs is a new belt which is ordered and the drawers were full of acessories and buttons and needles my daughter bought this for $40.00 I get to have it as long as i want it...shes a sweetheart my daughter

Knot Sew 06-13-2009 09:23 AM

3 Attachment(s)
and

Tink's Mom 06-13-2009 10:08 AM

[quote=Ruth Camp]
The small one is a old singer sometime in the late er 1800's not sure of the date $1.00

I am fairly sure that is the machine they call the FiddleHead machine. look at the base and it looks a little like a violin.........Good find...Does it have the bobbin case? remember, to clean these old painted machines, don't use any harse cleaners....it will take the paint right off....very mild soap,

mgshaw 06-13-2009 10:10 AM

Oh Ruth!!!! Wow how awesome!!!! I want to come play!!!! The brother is really pretty, I have never seen the blue before, love it!!!

ambquilter 06-13-2009 10:48 AM

BEAUTIFUL machines. :D I have been looking for a treadle. I would love to get as luck as your daughter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tink's Mom 06-13-2009 11:03 AM

:D :D Ruth :D :D I did a little research....This is a antique Singer Model 12 Fiddle Head Hand Crank. Possibly, 1882. PLEASE check out a listing on Ebay, by Wolfegang"s Collectibles. He has lots of pictures. Listed under Antique Singer Sewing Machines. :D I just about drooled........

Eddie 06-13-2009 11:56 AM

Cool! I love vintage machinery like this!

Knot Sew 06-13-2009 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
:D :D Ruth :D :D I did a little research....This is a antique Singer Model 12 Fiddle Head Hand Crank. Possibly, 1882. PLEASE check out a listing on Ebay, by Wolfegang"s Collectibles. He has lots of pictures. Listed under Antique Singer Sewing Machines. :D I just about drooled........

I looked for it on ebay and couldn't find it....the boobin and case in side looks fine. i\It's the ouside that has been allowed to rust. I put on a light film of oil to stop the rusting....it looks as if the machine was very ornate

sandpat 06-13-2009 12:28 PM

:shock: :shock: RUTH!!! I love them! I would love to have that beautiful Singer!! Excuse me..I'm drooling all over my keyboard.

Tink's Mom 06-13-2009 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Ruth Camp

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom

I looked for it on ebay and couldn't find it....the boobin and case in side looks fine. i\It's the ouside that has been allowed to rust. I put on a light film of oil to stop the rusting....it looks as if the machine was very ornate

Go to Ebay, look under antique singer sewing machines, then scrool till you find it. 3 days left to the end. It is the 11th one down on the second page. His lister name is Wolfegang's Collectibes.