Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Tube Quilting (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/tube-quilting-t133317.html)

LisaGibbs 06-26-2011 11:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I saw someone post directions on making the tube quilt process and I was so interested I went to Walmart and bought a jellie roll and some left over white fabric just to play around without investing a large amount of money on learning a new technique. Well, I had so much fun with the first two blocks I made the rest. When I got those done I thought it would be fun to make an interesting sashing, so back to Walmart for jellie #2 and Hobby Lobby for the solids.

In the mean time I saw the yo yo maker and got this idea if I added 4" to the sides and make a bias strip "vine" I could make flowers along the sides for just a little more width. Hubby mentioned that it would look better if I made it go all the way around so since I had leftovers I did just that.

Then someone else posted that people were using embellishments at the Paducah quilt show and I dug into the stash for the left over pearls I have wanted to do something with for 22 years now and thought all flowers need a center. AND seeing people add hand sewn elements I will be stitching leaf outlines as well.

FINALLY, there was the quilt posted with the beautiful movement on the front and then the practice blocks on the back--All I had to say was how cute it was and darling husband went back for my very last jellie roll for me to make a back too without even me saying anything. (blush)

Lessons learned: This is a super talented group of people that have already improved my skills by opening my "in the box" thought process. Next, use better quilt fabric even if practicing from my scrap box as the cheap fabric is harder to work with and strings everywhere--the block will fit something sometime, and finally quilters block is easily overcome by spending a few hours reading and looking at the inspiring things on this board.

THANK YOU ALL!!!

Pat P 06-26-2011 11:48 AM

Wow you took an idea and went with it--- how much fun was that! The yo's yo's added a nice touch. Will bookmark this!

pdcakm 06-26-2011 11:50 AM

wonderful. you have taken a simple project to the next step and made it totally your own. it is a beauty. great hubby by the way.

Sallyflymi 06-26-2011 11:56 AM

WOW What a great quilt. Glad you kept on going. Beautiful quilt and work.

laceybritt 06-26-2011 11:58 AM

Very pretty!!! I agree the borders look great!!!!!!

Airwick156 06-26-2011 12:11 PM

I like how you did the yo yo's on the borders. You did a great job on your quilt. Thank you for sharing with all of us.

Tussymussy 06-26-2011 12:19 PM

Fantastic! Thank you for sharing your learning curve with us all. We all need the box to be opened!

mhunt1717 06-26-2011 12:26 PM

It's beautiful! Wow!

erstan947 06-26-2011 12:29 PM

:thumbup:

roseOfsharon 06-26-2011 12:30 PM

Wow, an adorable quilt, I love the color choices!