Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Tulip Bouquet (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/tulip-bouquet-t33699.html)

sewjoyce 01-09-2010 06:33 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Just finished this 18x18 mini wholecloth quilt. Does it make you feel like maybe Spring is in the air????

Front
[ATTACH=CONFIG]65132[/ATTACH]

Back
[ATTACH=CONFIG]65133[/ATTACH]

Close up of hand quilting
[ATTACH=CONFIG]65134[/ATTACH]

gaigai 01-09-2010 06:58 PM

Joyce, that is BEAUTIFUL! Another winner! And boy, are you fast!

jljack 01-09-2010 07:02 PM

Joyce, I love that quilting!!! Very nice job. What did you use to mark your quilting lines? I'm trying to find out what everyone is using!!

butterflywing 01-09-2010 07:04 PM

i don't have the patience of a flea and could never do that, but that sure makes me want to. that piece is just beautiful. so simple. i love it.

sewjoyce 01-09-2010 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by jljack
Joyce, I love that quilting!!! Very nice job. What did you use to mark your quilting lines? I'm trying to find out what everyone is using!!

Thanks for your nice compliment! I bought it already marked from The Stencil Co. -- right now they are having a sale on discontinued wholecloth quilts if you're interested in doing one :D

butterflywing 01-09-2010 07:17 PM

the thought of sitting down with a needle in my hand, ready to stab a piece of fabric and knowing ahead of time what it's gonna look like when i'm done, makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up straight. but you're right. i should bite the bullet and try it. right after hand applique. do you begin to see a pattern here? it's the "hand" thing. i looove the look of them and appreciate the work in them, but aside from hand embroidery which i learned very young, handwork scares the beans out of me.

yours is gorgeous. take your bows. <applause>

sewjoyce 01-09-2010 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by butterflywing
the thought of sitting down with a needle in my hand, ready to stab a piece of fabric and knowing ahead of time what it's gonna look like when i'm done, makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up straight. but you're right. i should bite the bullet and try it. right after hand applique. do you begin to see a pattern here? it's the "hand" thing. i looove the look of them and appreciate the work in them, but aside from hand embroidery which i learned very young, handwork scares the beans out of me.

You are so sweet!! But are you telling me that you think "hand" is a dirty four-letter word????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

littlehud 01-09-2010 07:35 PM

That is beautiful. Your right, it does make me a little warmer.

butterflywing 01-09-2010 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by sewjoyce

Originally Posted by butterflywing

You are so sweet!! But are you telling me that you think "hand" is a dirty four-letter word????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: only when done by me. the dirtier it gets, the less you see the stitches. :oops:

Bobbinwinder 01-09-2010 08:06 PM

Lovely! I'm so appreciative of wholecloth. A white on white bed size wholecloth quilt that I saw quite by chance on a historic home tour many years ago remains to this day on my top 10 list of best quilts. Thanks for reminding me by sharing the photo of your wallhanging...yes, a slight hint of Spring!