Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Two more Quilt Pictures. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/two-more-quilt-pictures-t9251.html)

Bill'sBonBon 07-19-2008 06:46 AM

2 Attachment(s)
The pink and blue quilt on the rack is one my MIL was doing when she was sick with bladder cancer. She got the top done,you can see the points are so wrong, she made them fit. It was made for a GrndD. that helped her a lot. Machine stitch was railroad tracks if you know what I mean. Tension wrong. I sandwiched it and had to stitch in the Ditch each piece so it would stay together. Lost the pic. of it finished. She passed away before she could finish it from congested heart failure. The Blk,Gray Comforter and shams were made for Amanda by me She was only 18 and did a lot for Her Grandmother. She ask me if I would make Her a Blk,Gray,White Comforter before she got old. LOL I made for Her before she turned 19. She wanted it the Crazy way, like I did my sisters. It is also dryer sheet foundation.
Well Folks that is it. I lost a lot in the hurricane. I don't have anymore until I finish what I am doing. So now maybe I can get back to my sewing room and only get on here less often. DOUBT THAT!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bill'sBonBon

Granny Sbyle's last project for Amanda
[ATTACH=CONFIG]12048[/ATTACH]

Amandas Crumb quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]12197[/ATTACH]

ccbear66 07-19-2008 07:20 AM

I love the black and gray one. As for the other one I think that Amanda will reall charish that considering that it was made by Granny. It might have some mistakes in it but that is what will make it special later when she gets older.

Izy 07-19-2008 07:27 AM

It is so lovely to hear the real life stories behind each quilt, it makes each quilt so special and enables us to appreciate them so much more.

I love them both, but the black n white crazy is fantastic :D

jbsstrawberry 07-19-2008 07:35 AM

So special Bill'sBonBon!! Both will be cherished for a lifetime!! and both will hold such wonderful memories for Amanda!! Just the best, thanks for sharing them. Can't wait to see all the new things your gonna be doing, and mmhhhmm less often LOL, thats gonna be hard, this board and all these wonderful folks and inspiration are addicting. :D

mgshaw 07-19-2008 07:48 AM

The black and gray one is gorgeous. But Granny's quilt is one I would love to see in person, just to touch it and caress it. I just love those old family quilts!!!!

Marcia 07-19-2008 09:50 AM

I love the crumb quilt you made for Amanda! Black and white is so classic. The quilt that Granny made is so special. Who cares that nothing matches up correctly. There is nothing better than the time and love that went into that quilt. Thanks for sharing the story with us.

DazzleMe! 07-19-2008 10:37 AM

I love the black, gray and white quilt!!!! Just beautiful!!!! I am sure Amanda loves it.

But the one made by Granny just touched my heart. It is beautiful!!! When you wrap yourself in it you will still the love she had in her heart while she was sewing it.

FancyFoot 07-19-2008 10:39 AM

Nice :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

sewnsewer2 07-19-2008 05:05 PM

I'll bet the one made by your MIL will be cherished. And the B & W one is gorgeous!!

What is a dryer sheet foundation?

Chele 07-19-2008 06:01 PM

Lovely quilts and the stories make them even more special. What treasures.