Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   For the UFO Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/ufo-challenge-t11039.html)

Boston1954 09-08-2008 07:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
In the Main section I posted a challenge to finish one UFO by year's end. Several ladies have already decided to join me in this project.

This is what I have chosen. Here is a stack of 20 blocks that I made in November of last year and have not put together. I took the picture as a stack for a couple of reasons. I did not want to lay them out so the final picture would be a bigger surprise, and it will show that this is in an advanced state of "not done yet". LOL. I am going to make a 5 x 4 lap quilt, possibly, with a boarder. The name of this quilt is "October in New England". It will be hand quilted. I am not sure yet what quilting pattern I will use. I want it to be special so I will be thinking about it for a bit.

Anne

Harmony 09-08-2008 07:34 PM

Great fabrics! Can't wait to see the finished product!

Izy 09-08-2008 07:55 PM

ooohhhhhh THOSE looking interesting.....be quick and lets see what it becomes :D :D

Kyiav10 09-08-2008 09:22 PM

WOW! Very adventurous to have it sewn and hand quilted by the end of the year. I must be very slow at. Well, I guess I get distracted doing other tops instead.

Kyia

Boston1954 09-09-2008 11:15 AM

Actually I really think this is a reasonable deadline for me. I am home all day and the only other things I do are dishes, and let the dog out. (Dusting is against my religion. LOL) I can give many hours sewing.

Don't push yourselves to hard. (those who are joining me). It does not have to be a bed sized quilt. Any UFO is acceptable.

Anne

Quilt4u 09-12-2008 04:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
OK here is my next quilt. I have to add three borders. and quilt it by hand. In hope I can get it done by the deadline.

Celeste 09-12-2008 04:53 AM

You both have picked out some beautiful colors!

Boston1954, I'm intrigued! Can't wait to see it all together!

Quilt4u, lookin' good! Three borders! Ooh, please hurry! :D

Boston1954 09-12-2008 09:53 AM

That is lovely. Do you have an idea what pattern you want to use to quilt it? I better decide soon. My tiny guild meets on Tuesday and I want to get it pinned then so I can start the hand quilting.

To any and all who are getting ready to do Christmas projects for friends. I understand. Not everyone is prepared to make this commitment with a deadline that is one week after the holiday. If you have a small UFO you could try that, or even try to see how much can be done. Don't feel like you HAVE to join in on this one. We most probably will have another between Jan 1 and maybe Memorial Day......

Anne

sspingler 09-12-2008 10:00 AM

OOOOOO Anne.......I know what it is!! I know what it is!!!
All of them have beautiful colors!

kd124 09-12-2008 10:14 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Maybe this will get me fired-up to finish this one. I started it to work on when I went to my small group meetings. However, it turned out that mostly we put charity quilts together. The front is the strips.

front of quilt as you go
[ATTACH=CONFIG]18694[/ATTACH]

back of quilt as you go
[ATTACH=CONFIG]18695[/ATTACH]