UFO -- finally pieced but not quilted
I had tried to make up a design a few years ago with the "diamond" blocks but man, I didn't realize the importance of the 1/4" seam and trying to stay straight. A lot of add on's and trimming to try and get them usable but I finally got them somewhat into square.
I only had 12 of them so I had to come up with something else...choices were limited as I didn't have any more of the solids I used for the diamonds (was real thin anyway) so I had some marbled blenders that matched pretty well.
In the middle of each solid block I embroidered a really cool butterfly (from Embroidery Library I believe) using our Brother 2800. This also shows the butterfly fabric a little better too.
My Dad (almost 82) is staying with us for a while after his stroke and he just loves "helping" me in the evenings so I have asked him to be on the ironing detail...he irons all the seams flat and on the front also. He can't wait to start another top with all the blocks I have sitting around from different swaps.
Sometime I'll get brave and use these to practice on the long arm we got in May