Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   The VAN HALEN Tribute Quilt - Sweetie's birthday gift!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/van-halen-tribute-quilt-sweeties-birthday-gift-t10808.html)

Quilting Aggi 09-02-2008 07:16 AM

3 Attachment(s)
FINALLY I got the photos ready to post. Trevor is the ultimate Van Halen fan. And I added that to his quilt label. Here are some photos of him and his special quilt. He had no idea I was making this for him. This quilt has now become a shrine on the bed. and is not to be slept on our sat on right now (hee hee it will pass I'm sure).

I had a birthday party at the house for him Friday night and he took everyone into the bedroom to show off the quilt.. hmm me thinks he likes it!

The quilt!! Crazy patch quilt with iron on transfers in the centre of each block.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]17436[/ATTACH]

A photo of Trevor and his buddy Jody at the Van Halen Reunion Concert Oct 2007
[ATTACH=CONFIG]17437[/ATTACH]

hmmm he has a scary freaky look on his face.. He didn't want to unwrap it as I wrapped it up right nice with ribbons and everything.. I told him .. JUST TEAR IT OPEN WILL YA!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]64588[/ATTACH]

tlrnhi 09-02-2008 07:19 AM

So glad he liked it!
Well, I know you KNEW he would!

Tell him happy birthday from me!

Quilting Aggi 09-02-2008 07:24 AM

2 Attachment(s)
a couple more

The Dawning of VH - logo.. :)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]17438[/ATTACH]

Van Halen in the big hair days of the 80s :)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]17439[/ATTACH]

Quilting Aggi 09-02-2008 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
So glad he liked it!
Well, I know you KNEW he would!

Tell him happy birthday from me!

I took a video of him opening his gift and then the reaction on his face.. .it was AWESOME!! I wish I was able to post the video!

Chele 09-02-2008 07:28 AM

Rockin' quilt! You did a great job! I know Trevor has to be thrilled.

Quilting Aggi 09-02-2008 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by Chele
Rockin' quilt! You did a great job! I know Trevor has to be thrilled.

I just watched the video again and I am just smiling from ear to ear!!! He was worth every stitch of that quilt!

beachlady 09-02-2008 07:33 AM

Aggi, that is so nice. Manly quilt for sure. Has he sat or slept under it yet? LOL

Quilting Aggi 09-02-2008 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by beachlady
Aggi, that is so nice. Manly quilt for sure. Has he sat or slept under it yet? LOL

Nope!!! I think he is afraid to!

bj 09-02-2008 07:54 AM

How fun is that quilt!! He looks quite pleased with it. Guys go for quilts if you pick a theme they love. My dh loves his Texas Tech quilt and shows it to everyone! Good job!

Quilting Aggi 09-02-2008 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by bj
How fun is that quilt!! He looks quite pleased with it. Guys go for quilts if you pick a theme they love. My dh loves his Texas Tech quilt and shows it to everyone! Good job!

Thanks bj... It was fun putting it together and I definetely got the expression I was hoping for!!! He said the other day that he now wants to take a photo of it and send it to the band's official website so they can see themselves on a bed!!! LOL... mind you those fellas have seen more than one bed in their careers LOL