Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   A Very Sad & Disappointing Story with A Happy Ending (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/very-sad-disappointing-story-happy-ending-t139160.html)

onthemove 07-21-2011 10:04 AM

BRAVO! That ingrate will be unhappy all her life. She wants what she wants and if its not perfect she's unhappy. Life isn't like that. She got a more beautiful gift than anything she could come across in the stores. Sadly, everything she gets will be throw away and replaceable. Your gift was a hang onto, pass down forever heirloom. She obviously isn't the sentimental type. Your quilt is beautiful. Glad it found the right baby to hold.

sassy granny 07-21-2011 10:04 AM

Beautiful quilt, I can't imagine anyone being so ungrateful. I would love to have it and my babies are grown and expecting my first great grandson in about 4 weeks. I love the poem and would like to borrow it for my coming baby's quilt if you don't mind. I've already made him several and still full of ideas for more. My granddaughter loves the little homemade quilts.

sassy granny

wafflles 07-21-2011 10:07 AM

It is gorgeous and you are right, it found its home after all. I have 3 kids and more quilts than I can count, but every one of them is loved. Whether its something my mom hand pieced and stitched or the panel my 90 yr old neighbor bought at Wal-mart and sewed a binding on, they are special. It means someone thought my kids were worth a little extra time than just buying something off a registry. I hope the new baby is blessed his/her whole life!

Damienvon3 07-21-2011 10:12 AM

She sounds just like my step-sister! I will never buy her anything again, and her kids won't get anything until they are a little older. I am glad the quilt found its rightful home!

Jan in VA 07-21-2011 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by LindaMRB
.......Congratulations on the guts to take it back and then NOT send her something else.

I was thinking the same thing! Kudos to you for your finesse!

When she'd about 40, with three kids in/near high school, a mortgage and a older car, and a hubby wanting to change jobs at mid-life, she'll develop a 'liking' for comfy, homey, handscrafted things and will remember this quilt and the fact that she lost out on it. Karma is a b---h they say.

Jan in VA

Scrap Happy 07-21-2011 10:26 AM

I love happy endings! So glad your quilt ended up with someone who truly appreciates it. It’s an adorable little quilt and the label is just darling! :thumbup:

QuiltingGrannie 07-21-2011 10:29 AM

Your hard work and beautiful quilt have found a happy home where it will be loved!

nativetexan 07-21-2011 10:29 AM

well, i'm glad you did that. sometimes it's best to stand up for ourselves. good for you.

caspharm 07-21-2011 10:33 AM

I'm glad to hear your quilt has someone to love it.

Bonbonary 07-21-2011 10:52 AM

That cute little quilt is much better off with the new owner. So glad you gave it a happy home instead of being tossed in the closet or ending up unloved at Goodwill.