Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Virtual Farm Quilt UPDATE (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/virtual-farm-quilt-update-t100923.html)

Tcharlie 02-18-2011 01:41 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Here is the latest pictures of the quilt top - I sent it to Terryl and Marci to be quilted. They have added their touches by adding a "John Deere" outer border. It made it look wonderful.

If you remember it will be sold and the the proceeds given to the American Cancer Society for Breast Cancer Research.

If you would like to bid on this quilt before it goes public, please let me know. We have set a limit that will be accepted for a beginning bid for this beautiful quilt, so don't insult the effort with a low bid.

Many thanks to the ones that contributed to this quilt from across the USA.

Conniequilts, Sweet, KellyPA, KSEA, kristen0112, MegsAnn, Tam…Moo, Terryl and friend, Marci, mom-6, mequilter, dotcomdtcm, Minnesewta, QweenBee, Twinstitchin, Momymom, Mariposa, gensquilts, emsgranny and those that life got in the way but the help was offered.

Enjoy the updated photos. Thanks Terryl and Marci for sending photos.
Tcharlie

Original Picture Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]132478[/ATTACH]

sewwhat85 02-18-2011 01:43 PM

that is so nice

BizzieLizzie 02-18-2011 01:50 PM

Beautiful quilt! May it bring lots of generous people to contribute for the good cause. Best of luck!

moonwork42029 02-18-2011 01:54 PM

Wishing you bountiful blessing with your auction

craftybear 02-18-2011 03:19 PM

love the quilt,

earthwalker 02-19-2011 12:45 AM

It's a beauty....all the best with the auction...hope you raise heaps!

sweet 02-19-2011 04:30 AM

T-Charlie, you did Great! It is so cool to hear about the adventure of the "farm quilt". You have quite a story to tell about it's creation. Thanks for putting in so much time and effort making it come true! I hope that it brings comfort and happiness to the winner!

Tcharlie 03-26-2011 02:27 PM

6 Attachment(s)
I received updated pictures from Terryl and Marci. They are closeups of the quilting being done on individual blocks. They are putting hearts, butterflys, swirls on the watermelon patch.

They are having so much fun making each block special just like each person that donated toward this quilt.

Please enjoy the updated photos. I had sent plain muslim for the backing and they made the decision to change it to one with leaves and acorns. I had told them the quilt was in their hands and do what they wanted with it while they quilted it.

They are doing an awesome job.......almost done!
Tcharlie

Hearts
[ATTACH=CONFIG]175397[/ATTACH]

Butterflies and Flowers
[ATTACH=CONFIG]175401[/ATTACH]

Swirls in Watermelon Patch
[ATTACH=CONFIG]175402[/ATTACH]

More Swirls and Squiggles
[ATTACH=CONFIG]175403[/ATTACH]

Backing - Back of Quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]175404[/ATTACH]

Closeup of Backing
[ATTACH=CONFIG]175405[/ATTACH]

Terryl 03-26-2011 06:11 PM

Backing looks blue, but it's really a yellow/buttercream color with oak leaves and acorns on it. Each block has a different design on it, Marci and I will be doing some type of echo/thread painting on the applique blocks to best accentuate the fablous work that was done on them. Our goal is to have the quilting done by the weekend, I will be making the binding tomorrow so it's ready when the quilting is done. We've certainly enjoyed doing this.

milp04 03-26-2011 06:26 PM

Very nice quilt! I wish you were selling raffle tickets instead of having an auction, as I would've bought tickets.

Pam M