Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   What a fantastic welcome home gift..... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/what-fantastic-welcome-home-gift-t68063.html)

Izy 10-03-2010 11:29 AM

4 Attachment(s)
We have just returned from a wonderful holiday on the Spanish Island of Menorca. This is something we never thought in a month of Sunday's we would ever get to share as DH John's was diagnosed with inoperable cancer back in Feb as some of my friends here are aware. He held up fine and we got back yesterday, safe and sound, tanned and relaxed!!

Of course there is the usual piles of laundry...well I sorted them out but just HAD to........

PLAY!!!!!!!!!!

Courtesy of my fantastic quilting buddy Terri, who sent over the biggest Priority box stuffed full of fabric to help me build up a new stash....just have a look at how much she squeezed in the box.....

Piles of washing sorted and abandoned LOL!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]97083[/ATTACH]

amma 10-03-2010 11:31 AM

Awwww what a beautiful surprise :D:D:D
Glad to hear that you and DH had a wonderful time!
Happy to see that you have your priorities straight :wink: :XD:

Izy 10-03-2010 11:33 AM

Thanks Amma we had a fantastic time, I will post some piccies of Menorca so you can all come on a virtual tour of the island!! :D

Terri really has a heart of gold :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

rootyr 10-03-2010 11:46 AM

Wonderful!

Magdalena 10-03-2010 11:59 AM

What a wonderful surprise!

wvdek 10-03-2010 12:24 PM

What a wonderful memory trip and great box of goodies.
Have fun, the laundry can wait.

Jan in VA 10-03-2010 12:25 PM

It's so nice to hear the happy in your 'voice' and to hear you had such a lovely time together. I once spent a vacation on Majorca in a little pensione with sand in the bed, as we were near the beach. Lovely time I remember with fondness! I hope this trip will be full of wonderful memories for you later, too. Bless your quilting buddy!
Jan in VA

sharon b 10-03-2010 12:26 PM

Sounds like a wonderful trip and so thrilled you were able to make it :lol:

Love the box - amazing how much she can "smash" into a box :wink: Have fun playing with your new stuff- oh and as for the laundry- it will be there tomorrow :wink:

Charlee 10-03-2010 12:29 PM

What a fun surprise after a fun trip!! I'm so glad that Teri was able to add delight to your homecoming!! Can't wait to see what you do with the fabrics!

Izy 10-03-2010 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by sharon b
Sounds like a wonderful trip and so thrilled you were able to make it :lol:

Love the box - amazing how much she can "smash" into a box :wink: Have fun playing with your new stuff- oh and as for the laundry- it will be there tomorrow :wink:

LOL...all but one more load of laundry to do...hate to have it hanging around for long

;-)

Posted lots of piccies of Menorca in a new topic for y'all to enjoy!! :-)