Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   This is what I have been up to...... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/what-i-have-been-up-t37787.html)

Adelaide Girl 02-24-2010 05:28 AM

11 Attachment(s)
Awhile back I wrote that I would be posting some pictures of what I have been making. I hope the following makes good eye candy :-D

I hope you enjoy looking at them as much as I enjoyed making them.

Regards, Dianne

The points aren't too bad at all (LOL)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]18946[/ATTACH]

A peek at the backing used.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]18948[/ATTACH]

A close up of the "water" quilting
[ATTACH=CONFIG]19002[/ATTACH]

"Big Star" quilt (Judy Laquidara design) for my friend (she is 80!!) Dottie
[ATTACH=CONFIG]19065[/ATTACH]

A Close up
[ATTACH=CONFIG]19092[/ATTACH]

The little pocket (idea from the Dread Pirate)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]19093[/ATTACH]

A quilt that I made for friends who we stayed with on our holiday to Western Australia
[ATTACH=CONFIG]19094[/ATTACH]

The pieced back
[ATTACH=CONFIG]19095[/ATTACH]

A king size quilt I made for my youngest daughter - Emma
[ATTACH=CONFIG]19096[/ATTACH]

The back - a diasappearing 9 patch. Makes this quilt totally reversible.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]19097[/ATTACH]

Another "Big Star" quilt I made for my dear MIL - Judy
[ATTACH=CONFIG]19098[/ATTACH]

kkbrand 02-24-2010 05:29 AM

I love the quilt, very pretty, all the colors are so bright. You did an awesome job

Justquilting 02-24-2010 05:38 AM

You have been busy!!
Your quilts are beautiful!!

Adelaide Girl 02-24-2010 05:46 AM

Thank you for your kind comments. I am always a little frightened to put my work on display. I am self taught and have been quilting for nearly two years now. I have learnt a lot from the various quilting sites, but, also I have learnt a whole lot from this forum. You are all generous, encouraging and very talented.

I am doing some fusible applique at the moment - pictures will follow soon!!

I also made lots of table runners (using the tube method), and place mats for Christmas presents last year. One thing I recommend to anyone new or old to quilting - Keep a Journal. I have started a "Brag Book" of photos of my quilts and also a journal in which I will be keeping notes and pictures of what I am doing. Hopefully, this will be a great reference source (of what not to do LOL) and a history of my work.

Thank you all again, Dianne

Sharon M 02-24-2010 05:48 AM

WOW you have been very busy!! Love them all but that first one takes my breath away :thumbup: Thank you so much for sharing with us :D

Astramorgaine 02-24-2010 05:56 AM

What an amazing talent you are nurturing! I can't wait to see your applique :) I really like the little pocket idea!

Esqmommy 02-24-2010 06:01 AM

Your quilts are fantastic Diane. I was shocked to read you've only been quilting for two years when I saw the post a little later on! Your work is beautiful, and your color choices are spot on!!

MNQuilter 02-24-2010 06:04 AM

Absolutely beautiful! I love your color choices! I really love the Black, white and red log cabin and the bright stars!

MamaBear61 02-24-2010 06:09 AM

Beautiful quilt, I am sure that they are all being loved in their new homes

dgmoby 02-24-2010 06:10 AM

They are all wonderful! You did an awesome job. Can't wait to see the applique!