Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   What is your favorite drunkard path variation? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/what-your-favorite-drunkard-path-variation-t210307.html)

#1piecemaker 01-06-2013 07:44 PM

What is your favorite drunkard path variation?

1 Attachment(s)
I love the drunkard path pattern. I have seen at least 80 variations of it. I'd like to make a sampler quilt showcasing some of the prettiest variations. What is your favorite one. Here is an older quilt that I made using one that I call Anchor's Away because it came out looking like an anchor and the steering wheel of a ship. What is your favorite variation? Please post pictures if you have one.

spartan quilter 01-06-2013 08:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi, I haven't been on the board for, it seems like forever, due to finishing up quilts for Christmas, and one of the quilts is a drunkard's path. I did it for my granddaughter's senior graduation gift. I am going to try to post it, but since I took the picture with my ipad, not sure if the size will be ok here. Wish me luck.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]386365[/ATTACH]
I did it, YAH. I call the pattern, Rachel's Rambling Rainbow. She was pretty happy with it. The dark blue is cotton, and the colored pieces are batik.

mighty 01-06-2013 08:27 PM

Awesome quilts!!!!!!!!!!!

terri bb 01-06-2013 08:45 PM

gosh i love them both! i just love the pink one; i dont spose you still have it, do you?

#1piecemaker 01-06-2013 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by terri bb (Post 5768079)
gosh i love them both! i just love the pink one; i dont spose you still have it, do you?

Yep! I've still got it!

#1piecemaker 01-06-2013 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by spartan quilter (Post 5768061)
Hi, I haven't been on the board for, it seems like forever, due to finishing up quilts for Christmas, and one of the quilts is a drunkard's path. I did it for my granddaughter's senior graduation gift. I am going to try to post it, but since I took the picture with my ipad, not sure if the size will be ok here. Wish me luck.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]386365[/ATTACH]
I did it, YAH. I call the pattern, Rachel's Rambling Rainbow. She was pretty happy with it. The dark blue is cotton, and the colored pieces are batik.

I've never seen this one before! Its Pretty!!!! I love it!!!

audsgirl 01-06-2013 09:02 PM

I find this quilt to be very charming!

Milli 01-06-2013 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by #1piecemaker (Post 5767988)
I love the drunkard path pattern. I have seen at least 80 variations of it. I'd like to make a sampler quilt showcasing some of the prettiest variations. What is your favorite one. Here is an older quilt that I made using one that I call Anchor's Away because it came out looking like an anchor and the steering wheel of a ship. What is your favorite variation? Please post pictures if you have one.

Going to try this one next, have the eleanor burns egg money quilts book did the dresden plate and the gfg.

QuiltnNan 01-07-2013 04:42 AM

both quilt are terrific.

Diane007 01-07-2013 05:27 AM

both layouts are very nice