Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   And when I need a break? Invent! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/when-i-need-break-invent-t103919.html)

Kitsie 02-28-2011 04:30 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Tired of poking fingers using pin dish. Pincushions have a way of skidding into the unknown for me or need to be constantly moved out of the way. Little finger pincushion handy but small.

Voila! Pincushion made out of baby food jar lid (that must be very ancient - GS is 10) following some instructions given to me by lovely people on this board when I wanted to make a finger one.

I found a little piece of plastic strip magnet and some removable adhesive to fix it to the machine with. Now pc is right there and can be taken off easily if I need it to!

Flashlight you may notice? Anybody else have trouble seeing under dark fabric to cut dark bobbin thread? Or seeing into the bobbin race to check how much thread is left? Works for me!

Magnet stuck on
[ATTACH=CONFIG]163366[/ATTACH]

Handy pin cushion!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]163367[/ATTACH]

Sadiemae 02-28-2011 04:31 PM

Cute and useful too!

sueisallaboutquilts 02-28-2011 04:33 PM

Kitsie, great ideas! Thanks :D:D

Kitsie 02-28-2011 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
Kitsie, great ideas! Thanks :D:D

Hi Sue! Now pardon me while I try to get all this glue off of my hands!! Sure could have used you for an extra bunch of fingers!

quiltlonger 02-28-2011 04:40 PM

neat, my youngest is 14 wonder if I clean back of junk draw I'll find a lid!!!

Ramona Byrd 02-28-2011 04:44 PM

Sounds neat, and I really hate to rain on your parade, but I don't
really think that having a magnet that close to a computerized machine is a good idea.

Or maybe these days they are better protected. I'm usually behind the times anyway, so please correct me on this.

Maggie_1963 02-28-2011 05:20 PM

Great ideas!

Kitsie 02-28-2011 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
really think that having a magnet that close to a computerized machine is a good idea.

Or maybe these days they are better protected. I'm usually behind the times anyway, so please correct me on this.

I was wondering about that Ramona! Doesn't seem to hurt the fridge! LOL I tried to make it as small as I could and seeing as the casing of the machine is not metal so there's a buffer of a gob of adhesive ... well, lets just hope! I'll keep and eye on it and let you know if any problems. Thanks for input!

And to quiltlonger - No, no don't go back there! Ya just never know what lurks!

cjomomma 02-28-2011 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd

You are right about not putting a magnet on it. But it really is a neat idea!!

Kitsie 02-28-2011 05:43 PM

Thanks friends! All is well and I don't really want to take a chance on screwing up my dream GQ machine. Because of the "Power Tack" it's very easy to remove the magnet from it and just stick the pincushion to it instead. Had feared it would be in the way of the soft cover I made for it, but no the pins are completely out of the way.

I hear and obey!