Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Whoo Hoo - Bailey 15 is set up! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/whoo-hoo-bailey-15-set-up-t10873.html)

mgshaw 09-05-2008 12:38 PM

Janeen, I think Bailey's need to put you on their payroll!!! You are one heck of a salesperson for them, I think you have me convinced that this is what I need!!! :lol:
Does the machine have a stitch regulator? Your stitches look awesome!!

Janeen 09-05-2008 12:42 PM

I don't even know what a 'stitch regulator" is.... all I know is, you go faster as you move the machine faster - go slower if you move the machine slower! :P :P

I've been sewing for a gazillion years, and I've done some stippling/meandering with my regular machines... using the foot pedal - same difference 8)

sewnsewer2 09-05-2008 01:58 PM

That seems pretty odd that the clamps don't come with it. How do they expect you to test it?

I'm very happy (and jealous) for you! I can't blame you for protecting you new baby from the storm either!

Looking forward to seeing your quilts you quilt on it.

butterflywing 09-05-2008 02:27 PM

well, janeen, i sure hope your dh knows your zipcode, 'cause he'll never pry you out of that room now. if you could only teach him to cook and serve, like, quiltside.....then you'd really have it made in the shade!
have lots of good fun and show us all what you do. i especially love your enthusiasm. i can't wait to see the results

Marcia 09-05-2008 08:17 PM

Janeen--How fun for you!!!! I, too, am very jealous!! I would LOVE to have a long arm machine!! I showed your pictures to my husband and he said "we are going to have to get you one of those"!! Thank you, Janeen!! It will be a while until I get one (just spent both arms and a leg on a new transmission for my car--I have to be able to get to the quilt shop, you know :-) ) Anyway--have a great time with your new toy. I cannot wait to see all your fabulous creations!!

grannie karen 09-07-2008 09:05 PM

Janeen, I also have the set up you do..the Bailey 13 and a GraceDlite frame. I LOVE IT!! My frame looks a little different from your pictures. I have a third pipe to hold the batting. If you happen to put a third pipe on it to hold the batting, take some sticky velcro and position it about 8-12 inches apart. It will hold the batting in place when you roll it on to the pipe if you are not using the big rolls of batting..

I got my machine in June. We have had a couple of problems (minor) with the machine, but I am beginning to think it is the thread and difference in fabrics (backing and top). Also, my machine locked up last week. Mr. Bailey is really nice about talking you through any problems you might have. It doesn't say anything in the booklets about oiling a couple of places. Mine locked up behind the bobbin. You have to take the bobbin and shuttle out and put a drop or two of oil behind the shuttle mechanism. There is a rod that goes into the bottom of the machine that moves the shuttle....just a couple of drops behind it works wonders. I had done about 20 quilts when this happened. So if it seems to have a little knock in the sound of the machine...think about putting some oil in there...

How is the little black tubing working on the take up lever? Good luck and happy quilting...Karen

butterflywing 09-08-2008 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by Janeen
I don't even know what a 'stitch regulator" is.... all I know is, you go faster as you move the machine faster - go slower if you move the machine slower! :P :P

I've been sewing for a gazillion years, and I've done some stippling/meandering with my regular machines... using the foot pedal - same difference 8)

janeen

a true stitch regulator keep the stitches the same size no matter how fast or slow you're moving. usually if you move fast the stitch gets bigger. if you move slowly the stitch gets smaller. most machines don't have them unless you spend a fortune. but you can learn to set your own pace and get along fine without them. the updated tin lizzie 18 which i have doen't have it. i've only seen them at shows on the over $10,000 machines. nice feature, but not necessary.

kd124 09-09-2008 09:05 AM

Enjoy! You will have so much fun with your new toy. (DH too)