Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   WOOT!!! My Teapot Quilt is Finally Finished!!! My second quilt! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/woot-my-teapot-quilt-finally-finished-my-second-quilt-t110179.html)

Homemother 03-23-2011 06:32 PM

9 Attachment(s)
The binding is finally on my quilt so I feel that I can share it on the board! This was my goal: finish the quilt then post and not before. I do want to thank the person who shared the link for TLC Stitches: Faux Piped Binding. The tute was easy to follow and I had great success with a step in the process that I like least!

Now onto the quilt. The teapot design is from Sindy Rodenmayer and her website fatcatpatterns.com. I have hand appliqued and hand quilted everything. The blocks and binding were machine sewed.

In the larger empty spaces of the blocks I quilted outlines of teacups and in one block there is a teapot. Don't know if you can see them in the pictures. It's rather hard for me to see them as the pics are a little washed out.

I used a lap hoop to quilt.

Because I am a busy person, this quilt took seven months to complete. Yes, I started back in August when one of my friends asked me to learn applique with her. Her plan was for me to learn the skill then help her with it when she needed. I lost no time finding a design I liked, then ran to the store to find fabric, then set about stitching my teapots. The hardest parts were the machine sewing. I'm not a regular sewer and the straight seams and accurate piecing isn't easy for me.

Needless to say, I am happy as punch and totally excited to have this done. And....a little lonely. We were pals for seven months afterall. I'm going to miss this one.....until I get deep into the next one! :lol:

Thanks for looking and happy quilting!

This is the second quilt I have ever completed
[ATTACH=CONFIG]174068[/ATTACH]

The faux piped binding
[ATTACH=CONFIG]174070[/ATTACH]

Close up of the quilted outline of the teapot and a teacup
[ATTACH=CONFIG]174072[/ATTACH]

pdunn56 03-23-2011 06:33 PM

its a lovely quilt!! job well done :-) now I'm off to make a cup of tea!

Grammy o'5 03-23-2011 06:34 PM

Very cool! :thumbup: :thumbup:

earthwalker 03-23-2011 06:35 PM

Impressive! It's a beauty and you seemed to have so much fun making it, which is what it's all about. Love the pattern and the fabric, you have worked this beautifully.

debcavan 03-23-2011 06:35 PM

Is that sharp. What a wonderful quilt. I love the teapots.

LaurieE 03-23-2011 06:38 PM

It's very pretty! You did a fantastic job on it.

BevF 03-23-2011 06:41 PM

Wonderful! Congrats on finishing another quilt! Hope you find another one to finish with your friend.

asmmauer 03-23-2011 06:45 PM

Soooooooooo Cute!

Granna of 5 03-23-2011 06:47 PM

Great quilt and lots of work.

2 Doods 03-23-2011 06:48 PM

Adorable! You do beautiful work! Thanks for sharing!