Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   A working girl's lunchpail. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/working-girls-lunchpail-t150318.html)

Fixedgearhead 09-04-2011 08:48 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Here is a bit of whimsey for the working woman, or man. What we have is a diamond quilted traditional style mens lunch pail, that has some inner secrets. The exterior would pass for one of the metal lunch pails, guys have carried for decades. The inner workings are another matter. There are compartments around the inside of the base to hold notions for doing embroidery on the lunch hour break, and taking a sandwich to work, while the top houses a zippered storage compartment for threads and other items of need. This space was used to carry a thermos bottle on the metal ones, but I thought that was better suited to thread containment. So now you don't have any excuses for not taking that embroidery project and sneaking it past the office manager who is such a tyrant.
The other item of note, is a French press coffee maker warming cozy that is diamond quilted and has a butterfly top that is machine embroidered and makes the removal an fun accent.
I love coming up with these sort of goof ball ideas.
Hope you like them too.
John

blueangel 09-04-2011 08:50 AM

Very nice

Maggiesmom 09-04-2011 08:57 AM

So immaginative.

Vanuatu Jill 09-04-2011 09:00 AM

Very clever!

lindy 09-04-2011 09:02 AM

Love the lunch pail idea. Will you do a tute, please?

Sandee 09-04-2011 09:04 AM

Totally cool! Great job! I love it !!

Fixedgearhead 09-04-2011 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by lindy
Love the lunch pail idea. Will you do a tute, please?

I will if everybody agrees to not blame me that their machine has self destructed due to the sewing thru multiple layers of canvas with a 18 needle. You might not be able to use a modern electronic machine without the possibility of doing something awful to the timing and innards, I would imagine. Let me think up how I would do the tutorial, and we shall see what developed. A good idea, as it is a neat project with a lot of charm. Maybe I could photograph the making of another one in stages and that might be helpful enough to those who want to give it a try.
John

Yarn or Fabric 09-04-2011 09:57 AM

That is very cool.. and I'd try to make it if a tutorial were made available. I have no issues sewing through lots of layers on my machine... I've made a few messenger bags on it with only a small amount of cursing lol

loves_2_quilt 09-04-2011 10:57 AM

Same here

Originally Posted by Yarn or Fabric
That is very cool.. and I'd try to make it if a tutorial were made available. I have no issues sewing through lots of layers on my machine... I've made a few messenger bags on it with only a small amount of cursing lol

gollytwo 09-04-2011 11:00 AM

I just love that lunch pail!!!
Do you make any for sale?
Please PM me if you do (I don't watch topics, so wouldn't know if you posted a reply)