Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Yesterday's Quilt without Borders is FINALLY Done (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/yesterdays-quilt-without-borders-finally-done-t110452.html)

pamkasperi 03-24-2011 09:35 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Well I got through an entire season of Lost making this quilt!

Decided to put the borders on per everyone's suggestions

Used the swirl material for the back - but added a ribbon because at the time it seemed like a good idea.

Made my own bias tape/binding.

Now before you peek at the pictures there are some rules:

1. If you notice that the right side boarder of brown is smaller than the left....it is either a) your imagination or b) I did it on purpose....your choice but those are your only choices!

2. If you don't like the ribbon - well I don't really either but because its for a raffle we have to all agree to say we like it and it adds flavor to the quilt; and

3. Tell me why I started doing this? I became obsessed with this quilt for some reason and its not one that I'm doing for an emotional reason (it was a secondary quilt for the kids relay for life team to choose from and a use up the last of the breast cancer material quilt). I couldn't decide on a pattern; I couldn't decide on a boarder; I couldn't decide on the back....I don't know if its a labor of love or a "I'll be dam&*# I am finishing this quilt and it will look like an 8 on Pam's scale of 1 to 10.

I also including a close up of my FMQ - this was the first time I've ever used the clear thread - I thought it would be hard to deal with but once I got the tension right it was easy!

Oh yeah - its lap quilt size - ended up 36 wide by 48 long...again do NOT know how I come up with these measurements....
Ok enjoy and remember the rules above!!!

Front
[ATTACH=CONFIG]174533[/ATTACH]

Back
[ATTACH=CONFIG]174534[/ATTACH]

Front and Back - it does match - sorta!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]174535[/ATTACH]

up close of FMQ'ing!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]174537[/ATTACH]

cheryl rearick 03-24-2011 09:41 PM

Pam, I really do like your colors. I like the lay out of the quilt beutiful, did you say there were some flaws? hmm just couldn't find a one. Re: Ribbon, If no one ever took a change in building a quilt they would all look the same. We learn what is pleasing to our eyes. Nice job. ((((hugs))) I like your garage idea best :) :) :)

irenecarter 03-24-2011 11:08 PM

Hummm couldn't find any flaws. Love your colrs, always have liked brown and pink. I like your quilting too. Good job.

BETTY62 03-25-2011 12:35 AM

Love the colors and the bows. Quilt looks great.

MTS 03-25-2011 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by pamkasperi
Well I got through an entire season of Lost making this quilt!

Surprised that didn't make you shred the quilt to pieces. :roll: :roll: :wink: :wink:

I LOVE the combo of pink and brown and lime green. That brown polka dot you used is fabulous!!

auntbarb 03-25-2011 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by irenecarter
Hummm couldn't find any flaws. Love your colrs, always have liked brown and pink. I like your quilting too. Good job.

:D :D :D :D

Monstookie 03-25-2011 03:50 AM

Very nice quilt....

I particularly like the way that you made the borders different widths.....such an original design.....which is of course was your plan all along....laugh

Wonderful job.

QuiltnNan 03-25-2011 03:55 AM

nice work. to me, the fabric pattern on the front makes it look like it's on fire.

emerald46 03-25-2011 05:31 AM

I love it! Color combo is great and the back looks wonderful.

snicker dee 03-28-2011 03:39 AM

Stunning and colorful !!! I would love one for me too !!