Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Zig Zag Baby Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/zig-zag-baby-quilt-t5278.html)

sandpat 03-20-2008 12:35 PM

Great quilt chele! And congrats on doing the quilting yourself...a wonderful job!

Quilting Aggi 03-20-2008 12:57 PM

ooh what a great quilt!!! I love the colours!

Mitered binding corners are not hard to do at all once you get the hang of it and they give a great finished look!

Knot Sew 03-20-2008 12:59 PM

Love it you did a great job...........now whos the baby? :roll: :oops: :wink:

barnbum 03-20-2008 01:50 PM

I love it!!!

Lois-nounoe 03-20-2008 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by saravincent
I love your colors. I recently made two zigzag quilts using up purple flannel scraps. They are really quick! Sara

I'm running out of resipitants for my quilts! How do you price your twin and baby quilts??

SaraSewing 03-21-2008 06:22 AM

I live in rural southern utah. I'm an RN at the hospital and they have a gift shop there. I can put things in the gift shop for $2 commission, and the rest is mine. I can choose my own prices. I have been given lots of flannel scraps and really watch my prices on backings, etc. I buy batting in bulk rolls (Oklee quilting supply in MN). So you can see my expenses are pretty low. I sell as many as I put there. They have lots of ladies that make two pieces of fabric with yarn ties, and they sell for $30. So put my price at $45 and they never last long! My baby quilts are usually approx 40-42 X 52-54". I know that I could get more $$ in a larger market, but actually I make them because I enjoy it. I want to use up all the flannel first, before making twin size. BUT, co workers and friends keep giving me more scraps! It's a great way to try out a pattern that I like. After a crib quilt I can see if I like it enough to make one larger or not. Sara

Yvonne 03-21-2008 08:33 AM

Chele,
Your quilt does remind one of Charlie Brown doesn't it? I love it. Another Chele creation that I am going to have to copy! Slow down girl. I can't keep up with you! :lol:

Lois-nounoe 03-21-2008 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by saravincent
I live in rural southern utah. I'm an RN at the hospital and they have a gift shop there. I can put things in the gift shop for $2 commission, and the rest is mine. I can choose my own prices. I have been given lots of flannel scraps and really watch my prices on backings, etc. I buy batting in bulk rolls (Oklee quilting supply in MN). So you can see my expenses are pretty low. I sell as many as I put there. They have lots of ladies that make two pieces of fabric with yarn ties, and they sell for $30. So put my price at $45 and they never last long! My baby quilts are usually approx 40-42 X 52-54". I know that I could get more $$ in a larger market, but actually I make them because I enjoy it. I want to use up all the flannel first, before making twin size. BUT, co workers and friends keep giving me more scraps! It's a great way to try out a pattern that I like. After a crib quilt I can see if I like it enough to make one larger or not. Sara

Thank you so much for your imput. I have been doing a local Strawberry Festival for the past 2 years and sell a lot of new claw-machine toys a very low prices. (hubby is an addict and we get some really nice, big toys) I've been taking miscellanious things also. I don't make too much over the table price but it weeds out my stock of toys! :lol: And the music and food are terrific. I have been thinking of taking some books that I've read this year also. I just thought that I might take some quilts with me and if I sell them OK if not thats OK too. :D

coconuts 03-25-2008 04:37 AM

How do I get a pattern? Have new twin grandaughters and would love to make this. It's beautiful.

Chele 03-25-2008 04:52 AM

Coconuts, I hope you wanted my pattern! This thread kind of took a different turn! Anyway, congrats on your twins!

I got the pattern from the wonderful site below. They also have a new book out "Last-Minute Patchwork + Quilted Gifts." It's awesome!

http://www.purlbee.com/