Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Purple night and day quilt

Blog Entries
    This quilt is made from 2 different batik fabrics.....2 shades of purple. This is a perfect example of how only two fabrics can produce a stunning quilt!

The quilting is really simple because the quilt really speaks for itself.

Swirls in the body of the quilt...a simple border of loops...and finished off with a feather....simple, elegant and beautiful.

I quilted this freehand on my INNOVA. Warm and natural batting.

Thanks for looking.

back
    Name:  Attachment-206054.jpe
Views: 97
Size:  60.6 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images      

That is very pretty. I really like 2 fabric quilts and seldom use more than 3 or 4. I guess I like the monochromatic look.

your work is amazing, the blocks are beautiful, the fabric goes so well together, and the quilting speaks for itself,you are so creative.thank you for sharing your stunning work..

Love your purple quilt. I have two bolts of purple batiks waiting to be turned into a quilt from this pattern. Just haven't gotten around to it yet.

mltquilt

Now THAT'S a "Charismah Classic"

:thumbup:

Congrats to BOTH you artists ....

I am absolutely thrilled with the way my quilt came out. I can't wait to see it in person and admire your beautiful work Charisma. Still trying to think of a name for it. Anyone have any ideas?

Beautiful!!!! Love the colors!

Charismah you have a true gift in being able to enhance the quilt with just the right compliment of quilting which I know is not always an easy task (I seem to struggle with this on every quilt! ). You are indeed a "quilt whisperer" because the all over swirl is just stunning on this quilt and allows the piecing to shine while at the same time bringing the quilt to a whole new level. If I had made this quilt and given you carte blanche to quilt as you felt best I would be absolutely thrilled with this result. I also love that you used purple thread.

Quote Originally Posted by odysseyquilter
    I am absolutely thrilled with the way my quilt came out. I can't wait to see it in person and admire your beautiful work Charisma. Still trying to think of a name for it. Anyone have any ideas?
    Too funny, I was writing my response while you must have been posting yours and we came up with the exact same words "absolutely thrilled) ! You made a lovely quilt!

Super Member just_the_scraps_m'am's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ...you did it again...those colors are lovely together & your quilting just does wonders for that design...

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast