Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Putting quilts in time out

Putting quilts in time out

I started making these quilts for my grandsons this summer. The blue bound/backed one went together pretty easily - after I conquered some design issues. The green bound/backed one - gave me trouble from day one. After fighting the quilting of it for a while I put the sad little thing in time out. Until this weekend. Finally took a deep breath, pulled it out, rip-rip-ripped and ... ah, here it is!

Don't know why it is this way, but when I'm beginning to despise a project and dread working on it - into Time Out it goes. Of course, there was no dead line - I want these for the car when we travel with them - one is 3 and one is 4 - and for nap blankets here at my house.

-----\
    I've tried for over an hour - off and on - to get pictures to upload. So ... I'll submit this and try with a reply or something ... not sure what ....
    So many quilts, so little time.

Okay - tried for another hour - off and on - to attach pic through edit feature - but then that timed out. I'm going to "manage attachments" - browse - upload - get the message "file uploading, please wait" then "upload failed". Got this over and over until I timed out on editing the above post. So ... dunno.....

Turned computer off and on - the extent of my technical knowledge - and will try again with the pictures ....

This is directions for resizing if that's what the problem is. Good luck........

Preparing (Resizing) Photos For Successful Upload and Viewing
    Donna

You've almost got it

Quote Originally Posted by JanTx View Post
    Okay - tried for another hour - off and on - to attach pic through edit feature - but then that timed out. I'm going to "manage attachments" - browse - upload - get the message "file uploading, please wait" then "upload failed". Got this over and over until I timed out on editing the above post. So ... dunno.....
    This is the right procedure. You are almost there. The only thing you have to do is to resize your pictures before
    you upload them. The poster just before me has provided a link on how to resize.
    "He who masters the grey everyday is a hero."

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PeachPalaceDesigns

Resizing is fast and easy if you follow Patrice's instructions. I did all 16 of mine and had no problems.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

I'm very much in favor of putting quilts in time out. I find it's better to spend my sewing time more productively until the quilt in question settles a little in my mind.

Hope to see that naughty quilt some time soon!

Finally picture! Thanks!

Resized pics and - hopefully - here they are.
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image 

Blog Entries
    those are adorable. I hope they quickly become favorites. I'm glad the time out was no longer necessary. lol
    My avatar is my first grandbaby!! Brantley 10-2-12
    **QB Monthly Bee Block Swap Theme (5-27-14)*
    **NEW** Trees, Think Fantasy, Think Enchanted, Think fairys and woodland animals. Think brighter fabrics. (Nothing pale or muted.) **TREES** Any kind of block, pieced, embroidery, or applique, your choice.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast