Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: QR Code Quilt for oldest son

Quote Originally Posted by hopetoquilt View Post
    Where did u find out how to write the QR CODE. I would love to make one for the back o a quilt I make for my husband. I made a quilt out of his dress shirts and I would love to back it with a code. He is into technology so he would love it. Btw, I obviously love your quilt and idea.
    I linked to it in my original post Here it is again... http://www.the-qrcode-generator.com/
    I changed the pixels to 600 to make it easier to print out and read.

Wonderful quilts! Very clever! Will be cherished!
    Jean

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddybear Lady View Post
    If there is interest, I'll do a tutorial on how I did mine. I streamlined a lot by doing it with strip sets.

I would love to see a tutorial. I love learning new things. Great job on your quilt!
    Me too! A tutorial would be wonderful.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

I'll work up a mini tutorial. It will be after the holidays before I can get one complete with fabric requirements. I didn't measure before I started. I wish I had because then I'd be able to whip it up and have it posted. I just picked out fabric that I knew I had a lot of and could get more if need be. I hope I can get more of that white I used.. if not, I'll be subbing out another white as I work on the 2nd one... which will hopefully be done tonight

I love QR code quilts. Here's another idea to use them. I printed small copies of the code to fabric and then cut them up and used it like a normal B&W fabric. You can still read the code depending on how large or small you print. I did an applique Q of the names of the animals our kids have and then used the fabric for their tails, the inside of ears,belly, etc.

'Scuse the lousy quality on the photo. Each block has some, or a lot, of the qr code fabric in it. (The B&W kitty with the purple belly in all qrcode.) I was is a big hurry to get it into a suitcase to get it on an airplane. I wanted to us small copies repeated for a border but ran our of time. Ah well................
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Suzie
    Author; I Don't Know Where I Want to Be -But it Isn't Here!

Just wonderful, great job and thank you for sharing
    Have a Blessed day
    Ellen

Quote Originally Posted by LoupEsprit View Post
    I *LOVE* this idea!! I wonder if QR codes will still be popular when my son is old enough to know what they are...
    I think QRcodes are replacing bar codes so they will probably be around for awhile.

I have a been looking for a pattern for a college freshman (boy) and this will be perfect. Thank you so much for the idea.

What a great backing for special quilts. Thanks for sharing info.
    A Grandma & loving it!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3