Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Quilt for ailing friend

Question Quilt for ailing friend

A few weeks ago I had a dear friend who was hit by a car. She broke her tailbone in 2 places, fractured pelvis and a variety of other things. She is in for a LONG recovery. When I spoke with her, she said that seeing friends and family around has helped keep her spirits up so much. Living 8 hours away, I wanted to see her but there just isn't any way to get there and back again...and thus her quilt was born.

I raided all the old pictures I could find, loaded them into Picasa, made several collages, and today finally had the free time to piece the top! I plan on simply tying the layers together, otherwise she won't get this in time to help with recovery which leads to my question-- the backing is purple. Tie it with purple yarn so it all blends, or go with something to make it pop? Any suggestions?

Name:  Joannas Blanket 009.JPG
Views: 3944
Size:  1.29 MB

Name:  Joannas Blanket 008.JPG
Views: 3936
Size:  1.30 MB

Blog Entries
    You did a great job for your BFF. She will treasure it, during her recovery.
    "I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." -Confucius

https://picasaweb.google.com/home

Blog Entries
    What a perfect gift! There is no doubt this will help keep her spirits up; you a true and wonderful friend!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

if you tie it with the turquoise I think it would look great! What an awesome friend you are she will love it and really feel your love for her. Extra special
    Paula

Great quilt, she will love it!! I agree I think turquoise would look really good.

It's beautiful and she will love it forever! Best of luck to her on her full recovery! You are a truly good friend!

Oh my gosh, this quilt is going to make her feel so very loved! You will be with her every minute of every day as she recovers. Glad you are going to tie it so you can get it to her fast. Clapping for the wonderful job you have done on it so far.

Kat

What a perfect gift!

Blog Entries
    what a great friend you are...quilt is lovely. you can tack it with thread by setting the stitch width to zero and then going over and over in the same place. Anyway you do it, she will love it.

Wow, your friend will love that quilt and it will lift her spirits. I like the idea of using purple thread which will keep the emphasis on the photos. Beautiful, she will treasure it for years.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast