Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Quilt Being Used!

Quilt Being Used!

I've made quilts for a few people, but I've never actually gotten to see them being used before. I made a little rainbow quilt for a friend of mine in Canada. We've never gotten to meet in person because of the distance, but I've known her online for many years.

She and her two boys bring it with them to the park as their park quilt and she sent me these wonderful pictures just the other day!

Serious little Isaac:

Chubby little Oliver:
    Janome 6600MC, Janome 10001MC, Singer 221 Featherweight, Singer 500A Rocketeer, Singer 66 Red Eye Treadle

Blog Entries
    I love to see a quilt being used

nice

I love seeing the quilts I make actually being used too. I am in the process of making a brag book of my quilts that I gift to people but I want the pics with the recipient with the quilt. Your quilt is pretty and sew fun!

What a great gift for a friend. Then to see it being enjoyed by the family is priceless. What a wonderful person you are. Beautiful quilt.
    A home is built of peace and love,
    and not of wood and stone,
    a place where happiness lives
    and memories are sewn.

Power Poster
    ​Cute quilt and it looks like a perfect picnic quilt!

Blog Entries
    That looks like so much fun with a special quilt. What a darling baby and a nice little boy.

Quote Originally Posted by jbening View Post
    That looks like so much fun with a special quilt. What a darling baby and a nice little boy.
    Her cute baby boy was actually born on my birthday this year! And the quilt arrived right before he did, which was a pleasant surprise.
    Janome 6600MC, Janome 10001MC, Singer 221 Featherweight, Singer 500A Rocketeer, Singer 66 Red Eye Treadle

The kids look great on the quilt. I'm so glad it is being used and loved! It makes you part of their memories, too, although they don't know that yet!

I love baby chub ;-) quilt is nice too. The psychedelic diaper is very dapper ;-)
    Last edited by DebraK; 07-21-2013 at 05:21 PM.
    I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health - Voltaire

To me, that is the greatest compliment and thank-you for the gift of our hard work and love as quilters. It's so nice to see your quilt being loved and appreciated. And so nice that she sent you photos.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/makeminepatchwork
    "Piecin' a quilt's like livin' a life...The Lord sends us the pieces, but we can cut 'em out and put 'em together pretty much to suit ourselves, and there's a heap more in the cuttin' and the sewin' than there is in the caliker...I've had a heap of comfort all my life making quilts, and now in my old age I wouldn't take a fortune for them." (Eliza Calvert Hall, Aunt Jane of Kentucky)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast