Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Quilt For A BIG Girl Bed!

Gosh it feels like I have been gone for ages (haven't been around much since September). It looks like so many new members too!

"Life" happened, lots of good things though - a new job in Sept. and a new baby on the way (only 7 weeks left!!). We moved my little girl (now 2) into her big girl bed (going to need the crib for brother) - I was going to do something a little more organized but I really wanted to try one of those string quilts that I saw a link to on this board. So I used up loads of scraps to create this (it's a lot bigger than I planned as well but I've always liked bigger blankets anyway. Almost done, just finishing up the binding!

Now I've got to get busy with some baby boy quilts!!! :lol:

big girl scrap quilt!
    Name:  Attachment-7612.jpe
Views: 270
Size:  63.7 KB

Erin on her new blanket
    Name:  Attachment-7916.jpe
Views: 272
Size:  62.0 KB

close up with back
    Name:  Attachment-44061.jpe
Views: 268
Size:  53.0 KB

It is beautiful and I'll bet your little angel is SO excited to get her "big girl bed!" LOL congratulations on the new baby!!!

Blog Entries
    It's gorgeous!! Did you just make up a pattern for your squares based on log cabins? It looks just wonderful!!

What a beautiful wee girl you have. :D

That's a beautiful quilt! Congratulations on the baby. My baby is due in 6 weeks.

Thanks so much! This is the link - it's not actually a string quilt (oops I have that bookmarked for a future project as well) but called a crumb chaos block. Very fun (and quick too)!
    http://quiltingisstillmypassion.blogspot.com/2007/07/mile-minute-blocks-photo-tutorial.html

and barnbum I just LOVE your avatar! Erin and I were looking at your sweet beautiful little horses on your website, we just love them!

Melissa....we are waiting for the picture of the new member of "our family"...Don't forget to post.... :lol:

Congrats to you too Melissa :D !

Erin was due on 10/10 but arrived on 10/4. So I am thinking with this due date of 4/10 - he will be here on 4/4 (wishful thinking I know and if I keep telling people I will be early I am CERTAIN to be 2 weeks overdue!!).

Hope you are feeling fine, I feel good but certainly a lot better when I get a chance to put my feet up!

The quilt is beautiful and the gorgeous girl on it...just makes it perfect...
    Good job... :D

Blog Entries
    Oh--new babies are coming!! How exciting!!

ilena--I'm glad you two had a chance to peek at the website. There's a lot to see there. :wink:

Thanks for the link!

That quilt is wonderful. Like abstract art! Your little girl is darling too! Boy are you going to have fun with your little ones! Take tons of pictures! I bet everyone is excited! :D :D

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast