Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Quilt gift >

Quilt gift

Quilt gift

Old 09-15-2011, 04:32 PM

I am one who makes quilts, scrappy most of the time because I have only some scraps to work with. But I am one whose life has been scrappy, having to fend for myself as a kid, ect - its carried this far as an adult as well - but more by choice I guess.
When going thru hard times , I am one to make, create, bake, write, or help out those that might be less fortunate than I. This quilt is being made at such a time when life is hard in the wait and see game of our little grandson , Ollie, who at 10 months old, was born without sight.. As well as other neurological damage from birth. He is our pride and joy, and I smile knowing I am his grandma( mema ).. To ease the hurting right now of his last medical appts this week, I began making this quilt just to pass the time, and to hopefully bless the friend who will recieve it. No pattern, just scrappy blocks ( string blocks ) coupled with squares I had already cut, and sitting on a shelf.. I am using Steam a Seam for the first time, to applique my friends love of Dragonfly's.. they will go in the cream blocks in the center of the quilt top I hope.. Wish me luck in using this steam a seam stuff.. Gonna need it! :roll: :lol:

ugg. I just remembered I had already posted this under Pictures section yesterday.. Sorry for the duplicate posting here..
[ATTACH=CONFIG]257142[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-257136.jpe  
Old 09-15-2011, 04:34 PM

That is a lovely quilt! Blessings to you and your family.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:35 PM

Very nice. I really like the colors. The recipient of this quilt will be very blessed indeed.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:38 PM

Beautiful Quilt. Prayers for you and your family.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:38 PM

The love you can get from a child impaired is the best of all love. My friend has a 4 yr old GD born without an optic nerve. Blind from birth she is the most amazing child. There is so mucdh that can be done for these children. There is always hope...they are doing marvelous things in this type of research.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:39 PM

Beautiful quilt and (((hugs)))
Old 09-15-2011, 04:55 PM

May God Bless You and Your Family: I know that you are right when you keep busy "Quilting". It helps- keeping some of us together. Knowing this is a Gift to another is even more Special. Your quilt is beautiful and I know it will be loved:
Old 09-15-2011, 04:56 PM

It is beautiful! It's ok to post it again. We all enjoy taking another peek!
Old 09-15-2011, 05:15 PM

That is really pretty. May God bless your grandson.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:19 PM

MaggiesMom -
Ollie was born without optic nerves also, plus other neurological problems.. He can not sit up yet, nor does he have use of his right hand/ arm, ect.. We love him regardless , and know our lives could not be any more blessed than what they are simply because of his trusting us to love, and nurture him in whatever he will be able to accomplish.. His photos are on a PDA here on the board, under Aneternalpoet's Oct. Blessing if you haven't seen a photo, or read his " story" yet.. God bless you for the encouraging words tonight - so needed...
Originally Posted by Maggiesmom
The love you can get from a child impaired is the best of all love. My friend has a 4 yr old GD born without an optic nerve. Blind from birth she is the most amazing child. There is so mucdh that can be done for these children. There is always hope...they are doing marvelous things in this type of research.