Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Quilt Guild Birthday Bash

The QG I belong to has an annual BD Bash at end of April. This years theme was for as many gals as possible to dress up in pioneer clothing as possible.

Folks were asked to also create a hat out of materials around the house and several made them out of paperbags, coffee can, strainers, ribbons, buttons, plates and such.

Those that wanted to exchange a BD gift had signed up couple months ago and we drew a name of another and we were expected to spend at least $20 and it be quilt related or give a gift certificate.

The committee did a wonderful job and it was held at the Western Sizzlin in Jesup for the Wayne County Quilters Guild.

I had a blast as everyone else did, alot more fun than I expected it to be and I took the pictures for the guilds history book and had I known the show these gals would put on with the hat they created I would have also brought my video cam.

At this festival it also is the time of year that we get our secret sister for the new year which we will reveal next year when we do this again.

Anyway here are a handful of photo's I took. I won't upload all of them because it surely would use alot of bandwidth.

Lady 5th in back row won from left to right.
    Name:  Attachment-191907.jpe
Views: 24
Size:  49.9 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Looks like a great time was had by all.

dd
    Looks like you all had a lot of fun. We have an exchange at Christmas but not for birthdays.

Quote Originally Posted by dd
    Looks like you all had a lot of fun. We have an exchange at Christmas but not for birthdays.
    We do the Christmas one as well, along with the BD and also the secret sister.

On Valentine we do something then as well. For valentine this year those who wanted to participate brought a card and a small gift, inexpensive, and we put it all on a table as we brought it in at the guild meeting and a number was put on each brought. We later picked a paper number from the bowl and whatever number we got we were given the gift/card that cooresponded with it. No names were put on any of it. Just a way to let each other know we loved and cared about them.

Gosh you look like a fun group!

Looks like a good time was had by all :!:

Nice pictures. Looks like fun!

Quote Originally Posted by lauriejo
    Gosh you look like a fun group!
    It is. I didn't know it was until this event. On a daily basis one on one I'd never have known they were this much fun. I just it was a very laid back group. Found out different. :thumbup:

Looks like ya'll had a wonderful time

Oh how fun! Love the cake!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast