Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: The quilt I made for William Shatner (Capt. Kirk Star Trek)

Banned

The quilt I made for William Shatner (Capt. Kirk Star Trek)

First of all, let me say that the earliest memories I have are watching Star Trek on Thursday nights with my dad. William Shatner is the only actor I have ever admired. When he created his own forum, I was one of the first to sign up. Through the years we all became a very close knit family.

Bill had hosted a charity paintball game in Juliet, Ill for the past several years and I decided to try my hand at paintball. (ow, hurts A LOT) But anyway, I had the idea of having the regular forum posters making quilt squares and sending them to me so I could make a quilt. This immediately went nuts!!! I was sending plain white quilt squares all over the world!!! It was amazing! So I pieced all the squares together from fans all over the globe, and made them into the quilt that you see...

This was the first time I met Bill Shatner (but not the last!!!) and it was amazing! I had also made a smaller quilt for his daughter, Lisabeth. It's just something I'm very proud of!

How wonderful.

Tell Bill.......Chase said hello!! I am a fan of his also. I love the original Star Trek.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk View Post
    How wonderful.

Tell Bill.......Chase said hello!! I am a fan of his also. I love the original Star Trek.
    Original is absolutely the best. You can say hi to him yourself if you want! He has Shatner Weekend every year, last weekend in April in LA.

Power Poster
    Pretty cool!

Blog Entries
    yes that is very cool

I'd be proud too! That is a pretty cool story. So when did you gift it to him? Was this picture taken after the paintball game? Which one in the picture is you? I too remember Star Trek as a kid but my mom was very strict about bed time so I didn't truly get into the series until it was in syndication.

Wow amazing! How many quilt sqs got returned to you? Wish you would've taken close up shots of the quilt too.
    Warm quilt hugs, Sue in CA
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PostCardMailArt

Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death....Rosalind Russell

Great story for us old Star Trekkers! Great job!
    Wayne & Gabriele, the married quilters.

What a fun quilt story! I'm sure they both appreciated the work you put into the quilts. And I, too, wish you had taken close up shots. I'm curious, how many squares did you receive?

Blog Entries
    great quilt and what an honor.
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast