Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Quilt I whipped up in a hurry

This is a D9P that I had to rush through (1 Day) as My Aunt is not doing well and I wanted her to be able to see it before it was to late. She loved it and was able to express that to me today. It is not great by any means but I knew she wouldn't care.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Blog Entries
    Great job, she looks all cuddled up under it, lovely memory.

What a pretty quilt - I am so glad you got it done so your aunt can enjoy it!

That's a wonderful quilt, and so thoughtful of you to make it for her. Too often we don't give a gift simply because the recipient "wouldn't have much time to enjoy it." I went to the funeral today of a wonderful friend, a quilter, who has been at death's door many times over the short time that I've known her. More than 2 years ago, several of her friends made her a quilt, even though at that time she was "not expected to make it." That quilt meant so much to her, and she had over 2 years to enjoy it! I wasn't part of the group that made the quilt, because I was a brand new quilter at the time and just learning to sew a quarter inch seam, but that quilt was mentioned today at the funeral and I was so happy that I had been there when they presented it to her.

Looks great and looks loved! Great you got it done quick and she can enjoy it for a time

aww, upNorth, don't make me cry. That is just so sweet of you, and you sure are fast. Motivated by love, no doubt. hugs, and hope auntie goes peacefully.

I am so glad i did it even tho in my rush there were puckers and no time to redo them. It has been a stressful couple of weeks and I was determined to do one for her. She was alert enough to comment on the colors and tell me it was warm and such and special to her. That is all I needed!

Thank you for sharing, and encouraging us to actually do these acts of love and kindness and not just think about them.

A beautiful quilt filled with so much meaning. so glad that she will get to enjoy it some!

What a sweet girl you are and your Auntie is lovely. I have tears in my eyes. Beautiful quilt, beautiful gesture and beautiful soul.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast