Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: quilt and a snake

Love your quilt and even tho the snake is very hot like the rest of us, I am afraid I would have to blow a hole in the pool with the shot gun. lol
    Sandy

Women are Angels. And when someone breaks our wings we continue to fly...on a broomstick! We are flexible like that. People really shouldn't mess with Angels!

Blog Entries
    Hey it's hot out there, that snake was just cooling off! great quilt!!! for a minute i thought he was going to be on your quilt!

I know that some snakes are harmless and have a good purpose but they still scare me to death so now I am going to have a phobia about getting into any swimming pool..... ah man I don't know why I looked at that pic. Sorry but I am such a wimp when it comes to snakes.

The quilt looks very comfy and homey.
    Lori - MamaBear

lovely quilt but I don't care for snakes either
    Pegg

Have a great day and happy sewing !

Quote Originally Posted by Rose_P View Post
    The quilt is nice, and so is this harmless garter snake. They help to keep down the rodent population in your area. They are clean and quiet, and if you try to look at it objectively, you might notice that the pattern of the scales is quite pretty. Where's the harm? It's a shame that snakes get such a bad rap. The vast majority of them are much more a help to us than a threat. Even the venomous ones are just out there minding their own business and have no desire to hurt people, since they can't eat us. They strike in self defense, usually when they're afraid for their lives. I'm not saying that people should encourage venomous snakes in populated areas, but the harmless ones should be protected. The have an important niche in the ecology. All life is interdependent, and if we destroy things needlessly, there are almost always negative consequences down the road, such as an increase in the rodent population, in this case. It's time for people to get their heads straight about snakes and quit reacting with primitive notions that have nothing to do with fact.

I agree. My son had a boa when he was a teen. His name was Julius Squeezer. (the snake not the son)
    The quilt is very nice.

Hate Hate snakes............. wouldn't swim in the pool anymore........ if I go to the garden and there is a snake there I just say hope you enjoy the garden and that's the end of me going to the garden. Nothing gets used unless someone else does the harvesting. Your quilt is very nice and you did a great job on the quilting.

UUhhhh only like the quilt
    greetz, fien
    http://quiltfien.blogspot.com/

KLO
    Blog Entries
    Nice quilt! The receiver of this gift is going to be very happy. Now, about that snake ..... I also am not fond of snakes but do know that they are important to the balance of life. Still don't like them though. People in my area often kill black snakes and they are very beneficial to the area, eating rats and mice especially in barns and out buildings. And even though I walk waaaaaay around any snake I see, I did have to hold one while my dh tried to disentangle it from some netting we put over our blueberry bushes. My dh always like to tell the story of a garter snake that was on a hiking path and as I came upon it, it curled up and acted like it was going to strike at me. Guess he wanted to grow up to be a rattler. I was no impressed and walked waaaaaaay around him!!!

Blog Entries
    yuck to the snake

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast