Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
quilt and a snake >

quilt and a snake

quilt and a snake

Old 07-23-2012, 06:39 AM

Default quilt and a snake

Just finished a quilt for my son's girlfriend. She didn't want a highly pieced one so I made this Kansas Trouble (Cattails and Clover) layer cake and I free motioned the whole thing. Some day I hope to get better at this FMQ, but I do love doing it. I also love Cattails and Clover fabric and am using it to make an Underground Railroad, two more big lap quilts and a jacket.

Now, I just threw in the snake pic because I so hate them and it had the nerve to swim in my pool! Hubby had to take care of it while I watched from inside the house.

Happy quilting everyone,
Dianne
Attached Thumbnails quilts-003.jpg   quilts-005.jpg   quilts-008.jpg   quilts-001.jpg  
Old 07-23-2012, 06:41 AM

Like the quilt, hate the snake! Eeeekkkkk!!! I would freak out and I dare say my husband would too, if we had one in our pool!
Old 07-23-2012, 06:46 AM
jme

The simplicity makes it beautiful! I love the fabric and I love the scrappy look. I don't love the snake! The nerve, LOL
Old 07-23-2012, 06:57 AM
Power Poster

Nice quilt and nice snake. He looks like he's having a nice cool dip on a hot day. I don't mind harmless snakes but I think I would let my husband remove it too.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:59 AM

Very nice quilt!! But not the snake!!!
Old 07-23-2012, 07:03 AM

Your quilt is very pretty, however I hate your snake. Snakes are the one thing that sends me into shivers every time I see one.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:03 AM

Beautiful quilt fabrics and design. She is going to love it. It has an old fashion quality about it that is so comforting and sweet.

The snake....well, I would have been very unhappy to see a snake in the pool and since my husband would not have gone out there to get it either, I would have to call animal control to get it out.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:06 AM

BEAUTIFUL quilt!

As for the snake - before we downsized/moved, I grew to hate our pool. Snakes, turtles, frogs, crawfish, rodents . . . . We were always having to fish some critter out of it! One morning, we even found a drowned rabbit, in it. I started leaving a floatie half-way in it, when the weather was especially dry, to help the critters climb back out.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:18 AM
Power Poster

Beautiful quilt, nasty snake!!!!
Old 07-23-2012, 07:54 AM

The quilt is nice, and so is this harmless garter snake. They help to keep down the rodent population in your area. They are clean and quiet, and if you try to look at it objectively, you might notice that the pattern of the scales is quite pretty. Where's the harm? It's a shame that snakes get such a bad rap. The vast majority of them are much more a help to us than a threat. Even the venomous ones are just out there minding their own business and have no desire to hurt people, since they can't eat us. They strike in self defense, usually when they're afraid for their lives. I'm not saying that people should encourage venomous snakes in populated areas, but the harmless ones should be protected. The have an important niche in the ecology. All life is interdependent, and if we destroy things needlessly, there are almost always negative consequences down the road, such as an increase in the rodent population, in this case. It's time for people to get their heads straight about snakes and quit reacting with primitive notions that have nothing to do with fact.