Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Quilt for son for his deployment >

Quilt for son for his deployment

Quilt for son for his deployment

Old 07-16-2014, 06:25 AM

You have made a beautiful quilt, for a very special son. Sending a big Thank You to you, your son, and all his family! I am grateful for all our service men.
Old 07-16-2014, 06:30 AM
Power Poster

Terrific quilt for him! A wonderful gift of love. Please thank him for his service. May the Lord watch over them all, and bring them safely home.
Old 07-16-2014, 06:40 AM

Great quilt, I know you son will think of you and the love you put into every stitch, each time he uses it. Please give him a huge hug and a BIG THANKS from me for his and his family's service to our country. I don't know if many of our service personnel and their families realize just how many prayers go up for them daily and how grateful so many of us are, for their love of this country and fellowman. I know that I personally give thanks and ask God to protect them and their families in all of my prayers. Praying he won't be gone too long and can soon return to his loved ones. Thanks for sharing your work.
Old 07-16-2014, 07:17 AM

Praying God will protect Andy and for God's peace on the family while he is deployed. Please thank him for us. The quilt is beautiful.
Old 07-16-2014, 07:23 AM

Default God bless your son and all our troops

Originally Posted by Grandma Peg View Post
Our son Andy will be deployed for the second time to Afghanistan next month. This quilt has been done except for the binding since April when we found out about the possibility he'd be deployed. Had a hard time doing the binding (which is my favorite part of the quilt to do) because kept hoping and praying he wouldn't be deployed. Once he got his final orders, many tears, the quilt is ready for him to take. When he was there last time he said it was pretty cold in the winter. The quilt I made him then went to the Afghan soldier he was training. Asking for prayers for our son, wife Christy, son Gavin (5) and daughter Julia (3) and all the soldiers (their families) serving.
Usually wash my fabrics before the quilt is made but these are from several charm packs. Was really scared of the red but it didn't bleed at all. There was nothing on the color catchers, so surprised. Good quality fabrics from MSQC.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]483080[/ATTACH]
It's beautiful. I pray it keeps him warm and safe.
Old 07-16-2014, 07:31 AM
lue

My prayer is for the safety of Andy, the peace of mind of Christy, Gavin and Julia and all the soldiers (& their families) & the people the soldiers are trying to help in Afghanistan. I pray that God will hold all of them and bring Andy back to the joy of his family. Your quilt will be a great comfort to him. And how well you raised him to be able to share the gift his mother gave him with another mother's son. That's a testimony to you.
Old 07-16-2014, 07:36 AM
Power Poster

I will pray for a safe return for your son as well as those left behind. My DH was in Viet Nam for a year and it was difficult for me, I can't imagine what your DIL will be going through with 2 small children. God bless her and her children as well. Please thank your son for his service for his country.
Old 07-16-2014, 07:46 AM

Prayers are with yu and his family. I love black, red, and white. This is beautiful!
Old 07-16-2014, 07:58 AM

Beautiful quilt. Will pray for your son. My son also was there. He has been in the service for 20 years now.
Scheduled to be deployed out somewhere again in October.
Your son will have many hugs and wrapped in love with this quilt. Bless you too.
Old 07-16-2014, 09:42 AM

That is a beautiful quilt. May it keep Andy safe and comfortable til he returns home to his family.