This is one of the quilts I'm making for Christmas. I haven't backed or bound this one yet but here's how it's looking so far. (Sorry for the angle, this is my "design wall" and also where I do all my basting...very limited spaces here!)
This is from a Hoffman Bali Pops pack - I made a racer quilt first but thought it needed something else. So I chopped it apart on the bias and put together some messy squares. Then I figured some black sashing and borders would do the trick but I wanted some batiks in the border too...but I was out! I went to Joann's and picked out a few to try to match the Bali Pops. The cornerstones and squares in the border are all other misc. batiks - I think I did a pretty good job matching the Bali's!
The quilt is about 72"x72" - I'm calling it a "large throw", lol.