Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Quilting with Grandma

I got one of those Hello Kitty Janome sewing machines to teach my granddaughters how to sew. We are having alot of doing this together. In fact the GD have made a schedule out to who stays at grandmas to get to sew that week-end. LOL

Emily our oldest GD is seven, next is Gillian who is 4, and Payton who is three.

Emily
    Name:  Attachment-4593.jpe
Views: 325
Size:  28.0 KB

Payton
    Name:  Attachment-4594.jpe
Views: 322
Size:  51.3 KB

Gillian
    Name:  Attachment-4595.jpe
Views: 310
Size:  40.2 KB

What fun!! Thats actually a very nice size machine. I'm surprised, from the pics I've seen of them on various web sites, I thought the Hello Kitty machines were much smaller. You all will have so much fun! I think its just too cute that they've scheduled their weekends :) What a wonderful Grandma you are!!! Talk about creating memories!! Just so neat!!

That's great! you have certainly planted the seed, Grandma. Just think, you'll always have partners for fabric shopping day. Grandmas are the bomb, as my oldest gr. daughter likes to say. :)

Oh, how wonderful! I have always and will always treasure the memories I have of my grandma teaching me how to sew! You're such a wonderful grandma!

What wonderful pictures. Your grandchildren look like they are having a great time. :D :D :D

Blog Entries
    That's just awesome!! Someday I'll be a grandma--and I'll copy your idea. :wink:

There's a lot of cuteness in those pictures. :D

Thanks guys, I know I cherrish the time I spend with them, and hope they will have lasting memories too. They grow up so fast.

Oh Oh Oh....She will be a quilter.....no doubts...Great future and great quilts ahead of both of you..... :lol:

Pam,
    That is a great way to bound w/ grandma. I learned to quilt by using my great grandmas threadle machine. The pictures brought back fond memories of her and I at the machine. Lucky girls!!!
    Have a great time you and the girls.
    Bebe

Pam, I really enjoyed seeing your pictures and your lovely grandchildren! It brought back memories of my oldest daughter (now 34). When she was just a little thing, 2 1/2 or so, we made a tiny quilt together. I did most of the fabric moving through the machine, etc and the finished project isn't much to look at but it was such fun! I still have it, I'm sure she has forgotton all about it and plan to give it to her at an appropriate time!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast