Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Quilting suggestions appreciated - thank you!

Quilting suggestions appreciated - thank you!

I made this to be a wallhanging for myself from fabrics my mom bought for me in Alaska while she was on a cruise. It had been folded up in a cabinet as I can't decide how to quilt it. I need quilting ideas please.
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image 
    Jeanann

PROQUILTINATING : Working on quilting when you should be cleaning, doing laundry, or cooking.

Blog Entries
    wow, nice fab but no ideas from me

I'm not very good at doing the quilting part yet, but what I think would be cool would be to accent portions of the design in each square then do some sort of simple design in the white sections that brings to mind a road map. Don't know how to accomplish this you understand! But think it would look great if you can figure out how to do it.

Blog Entries
    I will leave the motif ideas for others who know better than me. I just want to say I really like the pattern you used to build this quilt. Very nice way to display the panels.
    peace
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

Blog Entries
    If it were mine, I would do a Pam Clarke leaf motif in the white part to keep the feel of the wilderness, easy enough to do, then in the print blocks, just and easy loop d loop or something as such or even a side to side wave in the water ones, clouds with the eagles, etc. and then for the sashing, would just do a leaf it design, a twig with leaves coming sparatically on each side to add interest but keeping it simple. Then a piano keep border or you can follow with the leaf feather idea in outer border. Simple but effective.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Quote Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
    If it were mine, I would do a Pam Clarke leaf motif in the white part to keep the feel of the wilderness, easy enough to do, then in the print blocks, just and easy loop d loop or something as such or even a side to side wave in the water ones, clouds with the eagles, etc. and then for the sashing, would just do a leaf it design, a twig with leaves coming sparatically on each side to add interest but keeping it simple. Then a piano keep border or you can follow with the leaf feather idea in outer border. Simple but effective.
    Great suggestions, thank you. I googled Pam Clarke and found a great free pattern called raindrops. I think when turned sideways it looks like swirling water that will be perfect in the water blocks.
    Jeanann

PROQUILTINATING : Working on quilting when you should be cleaning, doing laundry, or cooking.