Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
quilting >

quilting

quilting

Old 03-04-2011, 07:17 PM

I think that I need to say this, I have been looking at pictures of quilts for a few months now and they are so lovely. I aspire to do half as well as I progress along this quilting path. I have looked at blocks and how they are constructed and the colors. I have started to quilt now and I have to say that this is a tlented group of people. In my mind I can see what needs to be done but can't make my hands do it, YET. I will keep going. Practice, practice and then alittle practice. As a beginer I can appreciate all that you do without giving it a thought. You all need to take a bow.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:23 PM

A big welcome from East Texas!
Old 03-04-2011, 07:26 PM

Amen!! It is hard for us Newbies to see what ya'll do with such ease :D

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
I think that I need to say this, I have been looking at pictures of quilts for a few months now and they are so lovely. I aspire to do half as well as I progress along this quilting path. I have looked at blocks and how they are constructed and the colors. I have started to quilt now and I have to say that this is a tlented group of people. In my mind I can see what needs to be done but can't make my hands do it, YET. I will keep going. Practice, practice and then alittle practice. As a beginer I can appreciate all that you do without giving it a thought. You all need to take a bow.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:27 PM
Power Poster

I get inspiration every day from the posts and photos. I love to start my day and end my day here.:)
Old 03-04-2011, 07:28 PM

Welcome. I was a looker too. There quilters are most awesome bunch of friends I have ever found. You will get lots of help from everyone.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:30 PM

oh i so agree!!! i am still a greenhorn..i think i will be for what? 15-20 years?? hehe!! i look at the pics, the perfect points, and the quilting...i just started to try and fmq....my hats off to you all, your quilts tell pictures i can see in my head but can't quite get out yet!!
Originally Posted by Qbee
Amen!! It is hard for us Newbies to see what ya'll do with such ease :D

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
Old 03-04-2011, 08:53 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Yep! I completely agree! I wish I could do half of what these talented people do. I show my quilts but they do not compare to the beauties I see on here everyday. Mine are always simple easy patterns.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by erstan947
I get inspiration every day from the posts and photos. I love to start my day and end my day here.:)
Me, too.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by erstan947
Aaaahhh so true, so true. But I have to say I've learned "alot" from the board...You guys&gals are the best!THANKS

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 03-05-2011, 09:30 PM

Ditto and adding my thanks too. I wouldn't have even tried this if it weren't for the wonderful people on this board!