Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Qullt for Chris' baby brother

Qullt for Chris' baby brother

About a month or so ago I posted looking to buy a jelly roll. (http://www.quiltingboard.com/search-...e-t229344.html). Several people responded with offers to donate fabric, and one even sent batting, for them. Well, Chris and I got started and the older two boys (8 and 11) didn't want to be left out so helped as well!! From going through fabric, to sewing and binding. The baby is two weeks old and we gave mom the quilt a few days ago, and she loved it!! The part that warms my heart the most though is later that evening when dad got home, Chris was showing it to him. His dad asked "Did you really make this!?" And Chris' reply was "Yes! Well, I let Ms Kim help though." Lol!!! Proud boys. Ttheir mom is on maternity leave, but when they come back afterwards they all have requests for the remaining fabric. No pressure right!? Lol. Heres Baby Davids quilt. Lots of mistakes, but they learned on it so the love is more important than the perfection. I asked mom if I could post pics of the kids, but she didn't really like the idea, so quilt picture only. The backing is flannel and the boys "Hhhaaaddddd to have it!!" Lol. It is Hot Wheels, what did I expect? Lolol

And... Thanks so much everyone. This really touched my heart here locally, bit to have so many reach out to support these boys really touchd me deeply.
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image  Click to view large image 
    Kim

Wife to the love of my life. Mom to a Marine, a college student, an 12 year old 'surprise blessing', two Bichon Maltese brothers, and 3 kitties.

I think everything about it is perfect! Tell the boys they did a wonderful job and that I can't wait to see the next one they help you with opps I mean the next one you help them with lol. Great job all!
    Cindy

What a heartwarming story! The quilt is just great, too!! I honestly don't see any mistakes, either!
    K
    In the garden of life everyone has a row to hoe, some people just have more weeds...

Always do right, it will gratify some and astonish the rest...Mark Twain

Blog Entries
    I think it's a beautiful quilt and glad the boys helped. It always means so much more when you have helping hands.
    Sandra
    Treat people the way you want to be treated!!

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    Such a beautiful blanket and such a beautiful story! You are such a blessing to this family.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

I think it turned out great - bright and colorful. The give you have given these boy goes way beyond a quilt - you have helped these boy strengthen their bond with each other and their newest brother. Bless you.
    Paula
    Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans.

What a beautiful quilt, I love all the bright colors and the way "the boys" set it together!! LOL

The quilt is beautiful and the boys' help making it, brought tears to my eyes. That quilt will be cherished forever! Bless you, for giving such a wonderful gift, to this family!
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

Power Poster
    Great quilt and heartwarming story!

Blog Entries
    Only you know where the mistakes are, because I sure don't see any. Great job the boys did. Glad you were able to help.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast