Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rectangle Quilt

Blog Entries
    This is a quilt that has taken me about a week to piece the top. I am soo far behind on it. I still need to quilt, back and bind by Thursday nite! I have another quilt top that I have to do the same things to by Thursday night! We are leaving for Michigan Friday morning and these are gifts for family that recently got married. Ohhh, I hope I get them done!!! I didn't have a pattern but I have seen quilts like it so I just did it free style!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

who needs a pattern? Not you!

Happy travels

Love the cool colors! If you can get them quilted and the binding on the front, you can finish the hand work on your trip and they will be all ready for giving when you get there!

Blog Entries
    I chose the same 'pattern' to make a queen sized bed runner for my Mom. yours is great.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Farm Quilter
    Love the cool colors! If you can get them quilted and the binding on the front, you can finish the hand work on your trip and they will be all ready for giving when you get there!
    Unfortunately I can't hand quilt because of nerve problem in neck. Poor fine motor skills and can't hold a needle for more than 1-2 stitches without going numb! I'm just going to stitch in the ditch so it will go pretty fast!

Lovely! You might take a photo and deliver when they're ready :)

Or you could quilt instead of sleep (who needs sleep!) Well actually, that never works for me, I end up frogging more than stitching.

That's a great pattern for showing some lovely prints!

Blog Entries
    It's great....

Elegant and simple, you did a great job designing. It depends on how much time you spend on the board as to weather or not you get it finished. If you dont get it finished, baste it and bind it then you can work on the quilting during the ride. Good luck.

Nice

Quote Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn
    Quote Originally Posted by Farm Quilter
    Unfortunately I can't hand quilt because of nerve problem in neck. Poor fine motor skills and can't hold a needle for more than 1-2 stitches without going numb! I'm just going to stitch in the ditch so it will go pretty fast!
    I was thinking just finishing the binding! Brilliant if you can do any sort of quilting on your sewing machine, I certainly can't!!! I'm still trying to learn how to finish the binding on my machine because I don't like hand work because it makes my hands ache. I'll be cheering you on from afar!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast