I pieced this quilt last year, and finally finished quilting it in December. I had a private class with Karen McTavish and used this quilt to practice my feathers. It is queen size and pefect for my experiment. I also tried my hand at outlining by outlining each and every light/tan log...boy was that a LOT! I didn't have a straight ruler yet, but again, experiment. I think SID in the ditch would have been a much better choice. But, that is why I make quilts for myself so I can try out new things. I am also handstitching the binding to the back. My first time doing it by hand. Wow, those of you who do this by hand are VERY patient! LOL I have a little over one side done so far, but I glue basted so I can take my time. Also, I think I would have like it with wool or Quilter's Dream Poly Select, but at the time all I had was Warm n Natural. The feathers would have had more dimention.
But hey, that's what expirements are for. And I am very happy with all the info I learned doing it. Makes me better with every stitch. It is one of my favorite quilts, and I plan to make a smaller one with different colors.
Thank you for checking it out.