Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Red and white quilt show in NYC

I'd like to share my pictures from Joanna Rose's collection of red and white quilts on display a short while in New york:

http://share.shutterfly.com/share/re...=0RaOXDRy5ZugA

Blog Entries
    Thank you so much for the pictures! I would have loved to attend - I love red and white quilts and such a collection! So glad you decided to share with all of us that couldn't be there!

Blog Entries
    Martha Stewart had a segment in her show yesterday about this show. I am amazed how they are all displayed. And the amount of work that went in to this show. I would love to see it in person.

Blog Entries
    Did she make these quilts, or are they just a collection of other peoples work?

She does not sew, and considers herself an "accumulator" rather than a collector. It all started when someone gave her baby a quilt in 1957. For her 80th birthday she said she wanted to have something she had never seen before and a gift to NYC. She had never seen all her quilts at one time. So her husband financed this show so New Yorkers could see it for free. The display design is the result of a contest. Joanna picked the winning design. And winning it is!!!!
    Nell

Blog Entries
    Thank you for sharing with us :D:D:D