Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Repaired Christmas quilt

About a week ago I posted pictures of my DIL's Christmas quilt that had been damaged with a candle. Three blocks needed to be replaced to repair the damage. I was able to use some of the fabric from the damaged blocks, but not enough to completely replace them. I had enough of the border fabric to use on the front of the damaged blocks but had nothing that matched for the back of the blocks. I just used what I had, a blue Christmas fabric for the backs. It did not look too bad in "real life" after the repairs but when I look at the picutre I can certainly tell which blocks were repaired. Oh well, maybe each time the family looks at it, it will remind them to be careful with candles.

front of repaired quilt
    Name:  Attachment-73492.jpe
Views: 23
Size:  81.3 KB

Good job of saving your burned quilt. You were very patient to do this.

You did a wonderful job! I remember seeing the pic last week. Actually, I didn't even see the difference when I first looked at it. It took me a minute to "inspect" the quilt before I saw the repaired area. Most people won't even notice it.

I think you did a great job. Your DIL obviously loves that quilt so I bet she'll be thrilled to have it back in one piece again.

Wow! Good work...I can tell where the repair is, but...with the damage that it had recieved...boy this is really something.

(post the damage in this thread, too.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
    Wow! Good work...I can tell where the repair is, but...with the damage that it had recieved...boy this is really something.

(post the damage in this thread, too.)
    I'm not very good with computers so don't know how to post the original "burnt" quilt pictures with this post, but if you would like to see them I posted them on Jan. 23th under "Careful with those candles"

Blog Entries
    Great save! Way to go!

Here's a link to the other post.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-93102-1.htm

Quote Originally Posted by frugalfabrics
    You did a wonderful job! I remember seeing the pic last week. Actually, I didn't even see the difference when I first looked at it. It took me a minute to "inspect" the quilt before I saw the repaired area. Most people won't even notice it.
    I agree. Great job.

I remember the picture, too. They're darn lucky the house didn't burn down and yes, maybe the blocks will remind them to NEVER put burning candles anywhere near the tree!!!! You did a great job --- I would've been tempted to trash it, too!