The Rooster Quilt is finally finished!! Since my daughter had spent two years cross stitching these chickens I really wanted it to all work. I do believe that everything that could go wrong did go wrong. There were several very tense moments. Choosing what to quilt where had me stumped for sometime. I thank you all for your suggestions. I tried different things on samples and finally went with what you will see. The pieces that had chicken wire printed on them were solved when a friend suggested the simple, but effective grid lines that would not conflict with the chicken wire pattern. She also gave me the idea of having half going one direction, and the other half just the opposite. My thanks to her. I finally decided to keep the quilting on the aida cloth as simple as possible so that the chickens would be the focus. It wasn't really planned, but the "rays" kind of look like sunshine rays behind them. I just wanted something that would tamp the aida cloth down a bit. The outside border has "hooked feathers" that I found in a book by Sally Terry. Love that book!! All in all, I'm pleased and SO GLAD IT'S FINISHED!!