Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 58 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Round Robin 2012/2013 pictures

Quote Originally Posted by yayaquilts View Post
    Here's my center block. I'll try to post a better picture later as this one doesn't show the true colors--the white is true white!
    Attachment 353161

I haven't mailed it yet, but will in a couple of days when I can get to the post office in the nearby town--we are camping by the lakeside at Lake Almanor in the mountains near Mt Lassen for the next week!
    I have your block already, yaya!! It is a beauty. It says "summer" to me. So bright and crisp. I ordered a new border book and I am going to let the block talk to me and browse through my book. And maybe even try some graphing. The first round is not going to take a lot of time to actually sew, so I can think as long as I need to!
    jillnjo

Judith1005, I received your center today - So pretty in person!
    One of the fabrics I pulled will go nicely - the other, well, not so much.
    Guess I will just have to go shopping through the 30's fabric that my LQS just got in. Don't you just feel sorry for me?
    Paula
    Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans.

Quote Originally Posted by wildyard View Post
    Got the email and have the centers all graphed out and ready to color and play. Thanks so much for the photo and your great directions.

Just for general FYI, I don't think there is any WRONG size graph paper, since you assign the size to each square that you want it to represent.

Have fun playing with this on these blocks all, and next thing you know you will be creating your own patterns! It's so much fun!!!
    You are very welcome. I am glad you found them helpful.
    Paula

Blog Entries
    LOL, Your too funny. That's what I did today. I took my center into the Hancocks of Paducah to play with some color options. Of course, I couldn't leave all that fabric behind. I just "had" to rescue some. They begged to come home with me. Honest! :wink:

Thank you. Have fun at you LQS. (I'm sure you'll hear the wispers too, They will beg to come home with you.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly Nana View Post
    Judith1005, I received your center today - So pretty in person!
    One of the fabrics I pulled will go nicely - the other, well, not so much.
    Guess I will just have to go shopping through the 30's fabric that my LQS just got in. Don't you just feel sorry for me?
    My avatar is my first grandbaby!! Brantley 10-2-12
    **QB Monthly Bee Block Swap Theme (5-27-14)*
    **NEW** Trees, Think Fantasy, Think Enchanted, Think fairys and woodland animals. Think brighter fabrics. (Nothing pale or muted.) **TREES** Any kind of block, pieced, embroidery, or applique, your choice.

Glad the centers are starting to arrive. Mine had to travel pretty far but should be there soon. I will be out of town until Sunday evening, me and my husband is taking a long needed vacation for the weekend. Not sure if I will be able to check any messages or not but I will try. If not, I will check back in when I get home Sunday.

Have fun this weekend hope everyone gets lots of sewing done!!
    Happy Quilting,
    Gena

Blog Entries
    What wonderful fun you ladies will have with this RR. And it looks like you're off to a great start.
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Judith, I picked up 2 FQ in my local shop that are a 30's print. They look like the exact blue in your center! And if they are not, more for my stash!!

Have a wonderful week-end, Gena.
    jillnjo

Ooohh I just got home from finding a perfect match (color) that will go with Judith's center - and three FQs that will go with material I bought to make a quilt for my mom, and a FQ that goes with my Christmas panel, and.......yeah - I heard the whispers too.
    Paula

I had a print in my cupboard that looks fantastic with yaya's red center! And some bright batik blue, too. I left them in a pile with the center and will see what happens.
    jillnjo

Blog Entries
    Have fun Gena!!
    My avatar is my first grandbaby!! Brantley 10-2-12
    **QB Monthly Bee Block Swap Theme (5-27-14)*
    **NEW** Trees, Think Fantasy, Think Enchanted, Think fairys and woodland animals. Think brighter fabrics. (Nothing pale or muted.) **TREES** Any kind of block, pieced, embroidery, or applique, your choice.

Page 11 of 58 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast