Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Round Robin 2012/2013 pictures >

Round Robin 2012/2013 pictures

Round Robin 2012/2013 pictures

Old 09-27-2012, 05:02 PM

Tam...moo could you please post a picture of Dragonfly Nana's before you start on it, I never took a picture before I mailed it, sorry.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by sewhappy30 View Post
Love what you done to yaya's center jillnjo, so pretty.
me too! It really makes the center pop and as Judith said - it sets the perfect stage for the her round.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by sewhappy30 View Post
Tam...moo could you please post a picture of Dragonfly Nana's before you start on it, I never took a picture before I mailed it, sorry.
Yes - please! I have no idea what I would have done so it will be great to see where Gena went with it.
So exciting!
Old 09-27-2012, 07:48 PM

I have an idea for yours DragonFly Nana. But, It really depends on what everyone else is doing. I get to work on SewHappy's and yours last. So, I really look forward to seeing what everyone else is doing. I know, I'll probably change my mind just a few times between now and then. lol But, like you, I am really interested to see how SewHappy started it out.

Tam Moo, how are you doing? Haven't heard from you in awhile. Hope all is going well. I'm really excited to work on your top as well. I can't wait to see how the color story unfolds in you center.

Oh Paula, I get to go shopping for your center when I receive it. I have VERY few batiks in my stash. I'm just saying....oh yeah. Shopping for batiks at Paducah, Hancocks. lol

Gena, your top is going to be super fun to work on also. I LOVE polka dots. So, I also can't wait to see how the color story evolves in your quilt also.

Hi Nancy, how are you doing? It sounds like your mini Vacation was super fun.

YaYa, I have soooo many ideas going for yours. I also love working with R*W*B. But, I am waiting to get started on yours till after my daughter has her baby. Right now, we're playing the waiting game. Her due date is next week. But, she has started with a little hypertension this week. (So, we'll see how this plays out.) But, if she doesn't go into labor next week....I'm going to get started on your center. I think I have finally commtited to the border I like best.

The weekend is almost here. I hope yall will have a good weekend.!

See ya back here soon.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:36 PM

Hi everyone! Sorry I've been MIA---I haven't been getting the email notifications like I used to get--not sure why. Been too busy to head over here as well. I replied to the email about posting pictures.

Jillnjo love what you did with my center! Thanks! This is exciting to see how our centers grown and blossom!!

We were on a trip for two weeks to Wash DC, Virginia and North Caroling and had a wonderful time sightseeing, despite the hot humid weather!!! I was home a couple of weeks during which time my daughter and family moved in with us, with their 3 little ones (5 yr, 2 yr, 1 yr) and they are really keeping our house alive !!! I didn't get much sewing done. Then I went on a quilt retreat and got a lot of sewing done, including my "center." Will try to post a picture over the weekend and then get it in the mail.

When I returned from my quilting retreat (which was a blast!!) on Monday afternoon, I decided to set up my sewing machine in our study....since the 1 yr old naps and sleeps in my sewing room. Now hopefully I will be able to get more sewing done. (My hubby isn't too thrilled that I set up my sewing machine in the study.......oh well). I'm keeping it organized and neat and packing things up each time I am done so he doesn't get too upset! ......things are chaotic here and we aren't sure how long they will be living with us! So making the best of it!!!
Old 09-28-2012, 02:42 AM

Karen, I also have not been getting the emails, not sure what's going on with that.

I think you should have my quilt to add to this time, I've not heard from Tam..moo for a while, so if you don't mind could you post mine before you start on it as well as Tam...moo's before you mail hers on. Thanks

Paula, I hope you like what I added to yours, I thought it looked very pretty and accomplished exactly what I wanted to do. Can't wait for you to see it.
Old 09-28-2012, 03:44 AM

Judith - I wish I could go shopping with you at Hancocks of Paducah! So jealous!
Gena - I am sure I will love it.
Karen - It sounds like you had and are having fun.

As for not getting emails - check your subscription again. Some have been changing on their own but most likely it is because each time you get an email from a thread you have to check in to the thread. IF you don't you will not get another email from that thread until you do. Hope that helps.

I have Nancy's now and what I have planned for this round it is going to take me very close to the "official" mail date to have completed but I know it will be worth it.
Old 09-28-2012, 03:48 AM

Can I ask a favor of Judith and Nancy? Would you both be willing to mail me some scraps of the Pink (Judith) and the Blue (Nancy) material you used?
If that is not practical - please email me the Name and manufacturer. I would love to use a little of both of them in my round.
Thanks
Old 09-28-2012, 03:51 AM

Wow. The center blocks are gorgeous by themselves it will be amazing to see them transformed into a quilt which will be nothing less than stunning I bet. Can't wait to see them all finished. Will be fun to follow.
Old 09-28-2012, 04:11 AM

I am just loving this process of round robin. I guess this is going to be one of the biggest thread of this community. In addition to that I liked the posted quilts over here as all of them are too good as well as too attractive to look at.