Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: A salvaged quilt ready to give more huggles

How very clever of you! What a perfect addition to Grandmother's Flower Garden a Sun Bonnet Sue!
    Smiles from Idaho,
    Onalee

"What if you woke up today with only the things you had thanked God for yesterday?" ~ Michael Hyatt

Very nice repair job.....i've repaired many of mine also but not all this fancy.....i also make quilts to be used, not stored in a closet
    dsews2

Great idea for saving your quilt.

​Great fix for a quilt.
    Sweet Caroline

Terrific idea! I, too, make my quilts to "be used".

Good job at a rescue!

My first quilt was just a scrap patchwork quilt of 5 inch squares - it was actually a kit I got a Woolworth's for $1.00 back in 1975. The fabric was not the best as you can well imagine and it was all hand sewn and then tied with yarn, so the fabric gives way from time to time and I just put a patch over the seams so keep it going. It is funny looking but my daughter loves it and it covers a bed from 1860. I wish I had thought of something as cute as a Sun Bonnet Sue. She would have been so cute.

no..looks like a stepping stone in the garden////

Quote Originally Posted by QultingaddictUK View Post
    A while ago I rescued. "Grandmothers Flower Quilt" that someone had gave up on. Now I use my quilts as IMO that is what they are made for, I don't make SHOW quilts. Anyway last week I noticed a really distressed and badly damaged section on this quilt, which was half machined and half hand quilted, not by an expert just someone who loves quilting, and seams were coming apart, time for an emergency operation

I did a few seams in coordinated cream thread of stepped zig zag stitch over them but this one was way needed more than that

As I had a couple of samples from my Patchwork Class lessons I appliquéd a Sun Bonnet Sue's wandering thro' Grandma's garden, as I think this quilt will need ongoing attention this could become a theme, so this is what I came up with:

It certainly looks strong and IMO really pretty and as, because of the way it has been painstakingly made with beautiful loving patience by someone I want it to live for a long time.

Umm but is it me is Sue looking as tho' she is on a snowball

Nice way to repair a beautiful quilt.......

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast