Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 57

Thread: same pattern different look

  1. #1
    community benefactor Conniequilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    893
    This pattern is fatty fatty two by four.

    I made 3 blankets using this pattern and most people can't tell they are looking at the same thing!

    The first one is the one I made for my nephew. His requirements were blue and white. I don't care of one of the blues but such is life and he loves it.

    The second one was for my graduate assistant who graduated in May. 98% of this blanket was done in small floral print fat quarters that I worked diligently to collect. The other 2% is a very small heart print. It is one of my favorite quilts.

    The third was for a friend of my husbands. She is from Indonesia so I choose Island Batiks. I quilted it by using mother of pearl type buttons. I thought they finished the quilt nicely.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

  2. #2
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    MS
    Posts
    3,529
    Blog Entries
    2
    That's amazing. Very nice work on each of the three and I would not have known it was the same pattern. Nice./Regards, Dorothy

  3. #3
    Lady Tapioca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Connecticut shoreline
    Posts
    496
    Wow, color makes all the difference!

  4. #4
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    3,231
    I love the fatty fatty quilt.

  5. #5
    Super Member franie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    6,575
    Those are so cool. Nice quilts.

  6. #6
    Super Member Fiber Artist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Colorful Colorado
    Posts
    2,007
    Love them all!!

  7. #7
    Super Member Grammy o'5's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    1,322
    I really like the blue one! It has a pixelated "digitized" look! I may have to use that idea for a quilt for my son! Really, really like it! They all are very pretty quilts! Thanks for posting the pictures.

  8. #8
    Power Poster CarrieAnne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Whitewater, WI
    Posts
    26,196
    Nice quilts!

  9. #9
    Power Poster CarrieAnne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Whitewater, WI
    Posts
    26,196
    Nice quilts!

  10. #10
    Super Member mom-6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,736
    It always amazes me how totally different color and placement makes the same design look.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.