Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: sampler from intro class - UFO no longer!

It was just about a year ago that I took an intro class at my local quilt shop. The sampler we made about ate my lunch - it was in so many ways above my skill levels. It has sat unfinished all year just cause I was tired of the thing! All I lacked was binding! So tonight I pulled it out and finished it. Yehaw! Feels good!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Blog Entries
    Your quilt is something to be very proud of. So nice love the fabrics:)

Blog Entries
    Love you colors

Very pretty.

Very nice. Enjoy the feeling. I look at my sampler class quilt hanging in our famly room and think about all the different techniques I'm glad I at least tried once and have an easier time prioritizing my wanting to do the various patterns again...ahem...YEAH for you!!!!

Oh man, I know exactly what you mean!! My first class was also a 'beginner's intro to quilting' at my LQS (which has since closed--grrrr) and still sits in its bag because I hate everything about it except the blocks themselves--which ranged from 9 patch to flying geese to paper pieced trees. (we had a fabulous teacher). If I decide to finish it, I will have to develope a much closer relationship to Ralph the Ripper since it is half quilted.

The teacher spontaniously offered another class when we all did not want to quit. I made a lovely Queen sized Irish Chain quilt--quite adventurous as a second project. And after that I was hooked!

A friend and I took the class together. As far as I know mine is now the only completed quilt from the class. This friend and I just finished teaching two other friends to do a Yellow Brick Road quilt. They pinned the binding on today and are set for show and tell next week. I know they didn't learn as many skills as we did in our intro class, but ... they're hooked, have a finished product and hopefully will gain more skills as they go. Since a year later I am just now using some of these type blocks in my projects I'm thinking they can grow into them. Hope so anyway!

These two friends gave us cash as a love gift for teaching them. Then we all trooped over to the quilt store to get our next fix. I think we became enablers. :0

. . . and you will always remember that quilt. Very nice.

I think they are called "a learning experience". Congratulations on finishing it. It looks great.

Well done you did a great job, you must be well chuffed.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast