I put the finishing touches on her this morning. Down came the unfinished queen size log cabin (couldn't leave my wall bare, so I hung the log cabin until Sara was done!) She looks so small compared to the one I took down, but I am glad she's done. I learned a lot about embroidering the leaves, and to be honest, I think I was better off getting the stabelizer and going thru that process in the sash stage rather than the layered stage. I did have trouble with the tension in one sash, but no on is going to check out the back; it's really messy.
Overall, I am happy and please with the colors and the fact that it was assembled with scraps. On to making an Italian Flag for my daughter before she blows a gasket! (she hasn't gotten anything from me yet, so it's her turn).