I have finally finished this quilt, it has been a nightmare. The charity supplied 4oz Upholstery wadding of really inferior quality so when you tried to stitch it the wadding clumped, tore, moved, you name it what you don't want a wadding to do this did it. After hours upon hours of froggy stitching and puzzling over the problem, I did the margin stitch around the block and did 100s, literally, of machine "ties", I have told the charity that I can't do anymore for them it is too stressful, besides not doing my new machine any good. The wadding kept of getting stuck the workings and I broke about 8 needles as the clumps pushed them out of alignment, and that was with the dual feed!
Oh and BTW they also supplied a really cheap and nasty duvet cover, really heavily dressed which stained my machine, it will come off but doesn't bode well for the quilt. It was so cheap an nasty that when I was snipping threads if already had one bearding patch, shame as so much work was put into the blocks.