Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Scrap bin almost empty..

Blog Entries
    I feel good.. sort of.. My scrap bin of odds and ends is almost empty, thanks to this small section of this Fun with Bricks quilt pattern I am starting.. so many scraps to cut, and sew .. but its worth knowing I will be able to empty out my bin by tomorrow.. I am making this into a queen sized quilt I think ( maybe just a full if I get tired of cutting :shock: ).. what do you guys think for a border for someone whose not all that great at that part of quilting yet? any colors pop out at you?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Ooooh, it's soo pretty! :) I don't have any suggestions for border as I'm new to this whole thing - just wanted to drop in and say it looks lovely! :)

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    I love your scrappy!!! So pretty! I think a dark blue or black border would look awesome!!

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    This is nice. Maybe a red border. There sre so many wonderful colors to choose from. maybe try different colors and see which one you like the best.

I might go with a white border!

i am cutting scraps now.. getting that scrapp drawer emptied and refilled with fabric of a bigger size...lol
    this one is beautiful... i think what i like about it is the white.. breaks up the color sq.

Blog Entries
    It is great..I love the feeling of using scraps and emptying my bin...but it never happens..I create more than I use. As far as a border it is going to depend on if you are a warm or cool color person as far as what you will like..I am a warm color person..so I say go RED! BUt cool color person is going to prefer nice...soothing blue...

Blog Entries
    thanks.. I am already tired of cuttin strips , haha, but its fun to see the randomness of the colors, and such.. I just need to find more scraps if there are any hidden in my other bins, as I dont want to cut into yardage that I am short on.. Thanks for the encouragement!

Blog Entries
    i am probably more like you, but I love the color purple, but not sure that would fit this quilt project.. who knows, I might be able to find more scraps I have hidden somewhere, and put more into it.. thanks for the encouraging comment.. ( and your name is so unique. Love the sound of charismah..( probably missspelled it since its not in front of me now , sorry ).

The red is just calling to me. I would go with red.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast