Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 17 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Scrap Stars PIECED

Finished piecing the Scrap Stars quilt. Not what I originally visioned. I sew in the living/dining room and DH offered some rare opinions on this quilt, so I obliged him. lol! I wanted the stars to be random, kinda floating about. DH said no, had to be aligned, in rows, for order.....okay. I wanted a bright/scrappy stop border, DH didn't like, thought a neutral brown-ish would be better.....okay. Not thrilled with the brown, but it is what I had in my stash. The purpose of this quilt was to use stash only because I am going to use my HQ and practice. I will post final picture after quilting (I think).

pieced quilt
    Name:  Attachment-142328.jpe
Views: 78
Size:  115.1 KB

scrappy star
    Name:  Attachment-142329.jpe
Views: 77
Size:  58.8 KB

Very pretty! Love it!

Great stash buster!

Blog Entries
    Very pretty quilt. Better keep that fella around for more advise. Have to say, I think this is perfect. Don't know a thing that I would change!

pab

Blog Entries
    It is wonderful,nice job and thanks for sharing. pab

Blog Entries
    What a darling quilt!! You got some good advice. :D

Blog Entries
    I think it is beautiful. You and your husband make a good team.

I love it! Very pretty.Your DH has a good eye for design and you did a fantastic job peicing it!!

Beautiful quilt. I agree you guys are a great "team"!!

i love your quilt! and have to laugh about the hubby input; kind of funny, mine has done the same thing a couple times now...sometimes he pays no attention what so ever then all of a sudden he has to ... critique...and steer it... i allow it as you did and it worked out fine, just not the quilt i was making...once i did go back and then make...my quilt...other time i have not so far. but it's funny how they get involved, i like it (most of the time) once in a while it can be a little frustrating oh well, i love that he is that interested. and he always makes me (line) things up too...must be a guy thing

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire_Rae
    Finished piecing the Scrap Stars quilt. Not what I originally visioned. I sew in the living/dining room and DH offered some rare opinions on this quilt, so I obliged him. lol! I wanted the stars to be random, kinda floating about. DH said no, had to be aligned, in rows, for order.....okay. I wanted a bright/scrappy stop border, DH didn't like, thought a neutral brown-ish would be better.....okay. Not thrilled with the brown, but it is what I had in my stash. The purpose of this quilt was to use stash only because I am going to use my HQ and practice. I will post final picture after quilting (I think).
    ;)

Page 1 of 17 1 2 11 ... LastLast